Hello... I am a newbie from Long Beach, Ca

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picklespeck

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I bought 1979 Dodge Fleetwood Tioga Arrow 22' motorhome. His name is Horton.  Currently we are in the process of getting some mechanical chassis repairs done and we will be doing some upgrades inside and outside our RV.  We also plan on installing solar to Horton as well.  I grew up camping with my family and our RV trailer up until I was a teenager and I have continued to camp when ever possible in my adult live.  We are planning on taking our first short trips in January.  Eventually we will be living in our Rig fulltime. We have been looking into Van life for a few years.  We both are on long-term disability and we are excited to get out of the city.  We are planning on both boondocking and camping at campsites in Southern California and Arizona.  I have two teenage boys that will be joining us a few times a month.  We also will be bringing our 2 cats with us.  I am so looking forward to meeting some great people on our new adventure. :blush:

You will be needing an additional tent rec room/bedroom space for those boys. But it sounds like a lot of fun for your family including the cats. The cats will also appreciate the rec room tent.

Welcome Pickle to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

My cat hides under the couch when I move the motorhome. I put a fluffy towel down there and it is his safe place. I'm to the point that I need to lift the seat up to let him out as without gravity working in his favor, as it does on the way in, it is difficult for him to climb out.

Graduated from CSULB in ‘86. Worked in San Pedro and drove back and forth during those years (never failed there was a train when I was late). My dad kept his sailboat between SP and LB when I was growing up. Took my dog two months ago to Rosie’s for her gotcha anniversary. It was filthy and packed.

I think you’re making the right decision to leave. I need one more year then I’m out of SoCal. Best of luck to you. Be careful of residency with disability. The SS admin sucks.