Hello from the PNW

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnwgypsy

Reaction score
My fiancé & I have been reading Bob's site & this forum, plus Enigmatic Nomadics, for awhile now.  In 2014 we inherited a Chevy Express passenger van that we've been working on for weekend camping & future longer trips, while maintaining it's passenger van status (not ripping out interior panels, carpet, etc).  This fall we built our bed platform.  SO MUCH BETTER than sleeping on a futon mattress on the floor.  I'm a native of Michigan & former summer state park ranger who grew up on a family dairy farm.  No plans to go full time anytime soon, but we have much respect for fulltimers & want to learn all that we can to make our trips & excursions as awesome as possible.  Looking forward to "meeting" everyone.

Welcome aboard pnwgypsy
(wow, we sure do have a lot of people with gypsy in their forum name! Guess it's the nomadic spirit.)

You've found a great place to do your research ...
Now that you've come out of the shadows and signed in, you can start asking all those questions that I'm sure you've been saving up !

Welcome!

All those shorter trips will tell you a lot about possible future full-time living. But the whole point of either is to get out, see the countryside and enjoy life more. Glad you are both into it!

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard pnwgypsy
(wow, we sure do have a lot of people with gypsy in their forum name! Guess it's the nomadic spirit.)

You've found a great place to do your research ...
Now that you've come out of the shadows and signed in, you can start asking all those questions that I'm sure you've been saving up !

Thank you!  I actually have gypsy heritage on my dad's side so that must be where the wanderlust comes from for me.

mockturtle said:
Welcome!  I am also from the PNW.  Specifically, WA.

I guess I didn't specify in my original post.  We're in the Seattle area, but on the eastside.  We call our van tortuga de plata, silver turtle.

Suanne said:
Hi pnwgypsy,

Welcome to the forums from the Snoqualmie Valley ... soon to be in the Scaddan Wash of Quartzsite.

Suanne ... who's packing up

Suanne,
I'm a total fangirl!  I wish we could take off to Quartzite for RTR, but not ready for that.  2017?

welcome pnwgypsy. I too am packing for RTR. I wish you would have named you van Tortuga de oro. if you are confused just keep read the forums you will understand. highdesertranger

Welcome to CRVL :) 

I'm sure you'll find many kindred spirits here.  Not all of us are full timers.....yet.  LOL  But they can full time here just learning to get ready for when that day comes.

Welcome to the CRVL forums. pnwgypsy!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, welcome!

We also have a house in the eastside of Seattle area and are planning to hit the road this year when we sell it.

The weather here has been pretty miserable but the past few days at least it is sunny.   27 degrees outside but sunny.

IGBT said:
Hi, welcome!

We also have a house in the eastside of Seattle area and are planning to hit the road this year when we sell it.

The weather here has been pretty miserable but the past few days at least it is sunny.   27 degrees outside but sunny.

Hello!  I sold my home in South King Co this past summer to move into my fiance's place on the eastside.  I was petrified of selling, but with the hot market, it went quick.  Good luck on your sale.

Just came in from soaking up some sun.  As a MI native, I don't mind the cold as much as the average Washingtonian, but my blood certainly has thinned since I got out here.

Very nice to meet you here. We are from the PSW of Canada and sometimes go over the border for some fun down there.