Hello from the Oregon Coast

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liza258

Reaction score
I appreciate all the info in this site. Just finished reading all of Bob's previous blogs. I was considering a Class B RV; an acquaintance did car camping. In the process of learning more about them, I came across cheapRVliving site and other u-tubes. Something about van dwelling is enticing and daunting. I didn't realize this aspect of permanent or long-term alternative living, but it awakened the adventurous part of me that has been held in check, the part of me that longs to be in nature, and it gave me hope about being able to retire and see the US while I still can and not just keep on working until I become grumpy and rickety  :-/ .

I am looking into Ford Transit and planning the conversion on a graph paper/Excel. Right now, I have a Subaru Legacy. Planning on sleeping overnight in my car in the parking lot, then probably at my work place on a Friday evening, then along the coast! Reading and researching a lot, and taking it slow. Still has a lot of angst.

Hoping to connect/tag along some women who may be doing dispersed camping. Planning on attending the 2019 RTR.

Welcome Liza to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi Liza and welcome to the forum.

Peace,
Angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

LathrenJames said:
Hello, Liza. Will you be at the 'gathering' in Oregon, this July?
'Gathering'?? Tell me more.

I haven't visited the other entries in this site, and am not aware of a gathering in Oregon.
I'll look for it. But would appreciate if you can also direct and tell me more.

Thanks.

After you do all your graph paper and Excel, do a mockup in your home with cardboard. See how it translates into actual human scale.

Liza258 said:
'Gathering'?? Tell me more.

I haven't visited the other entries in this site, and am not aware of a gathering in Oregon.
I'll look for it. But would appreciate if you can also direct and tell me more.

Thanks.
[font=droid sans, sans-serif]Nelda has a post in the Gatherings forum which tells a bit more-[/font]

[font='droid sans', sans-serif]Oregon Coast Get Together in Tillamook, Oregon[/font]
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]July 24 2018[/font]
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]Port of Tillamook RV Park[/font]

LathrenJames said:
[font=droid sans, sans-serif]Nelda has a post in the Gatherings forum which tells a bit more-[/font]

[font='droid sans', sans-serif]Oregon Coast Get Together in Tillamook, Oregon[/font]
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]July 24 2018[/font]
[font='droid sans', sans-serif]Port of Tillamook RV Park[/font]

Thanks!

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Liza to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  highdesertranger

Thanks!

MrNoodly said:
After you do all your graph paper and Excel, do a mockup in your home with cardboard. See how it translates into actual human scale.
Will do. Thanks!

Latest posts