Hello from new vandweller

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomadCat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
I found this website, and then Bob's book, about 2 years ago.  About one year ago I purchased a 2010 Ford E150 van, and built it out myself over the next 6 months.  I've been living in my van full time for about 2 months now; I love the simplicity, mobility, and freedom from all those interminable bills (you remember, right?  rent/mortgage, utilities, more utilities, etc).  Also I love having a small space that feels entirely my own; a private hideaway in the midst of the city or out in the mountains according to the needs of the day.  My cat sometimes travels with me, and sometimes stays at a friend's house, according to her preferences.  I am hoping to visit the Women's RTR and/or RTR next month; can only leave my work for so many days, so am trying to decide which days.  Perhaps the end of WRTR and beginning of RTR; we'll see.  The only downside so far is that my family and friends think I'm nuts (which may be true regardless), and/or feel sorry for me (which is misguided).  So if I make it to W/RTR, I will be looking forward to meeting others who are "living outside the box."
NomadCat

Welcome to the CRVL forums! Like your Username - I have a kitty also! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.