Hello from Georgia

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck

Reaction score
The username says it all.  I'm retired, own a house, lots of stuff, a 5th wheel RV, and a truck to pull it.  I just can't get rid of obligations (and health issues) long enough to travel anywhere.  With a little luck the next hurricane will get the house and leave the RV.

Doug

Welcome stuck to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome, Doug! My guess is a hurricane would have a bigger effect on an RV than a house. But I guess it depends on the RV and house.

Keep your eye on the prize, Doug! I've been pretty stuck, myself, for the last couple of years. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

A Savage Adventure said:
Welcome, Doug! My guess is a hurricane would have a bigger effect on an RV than a house. But I guess it depends on the RV and house.

Excellent point, sir!  :blush:

Hey Stuck

I was stuck for 15 years..... they the house was sold and now Im stuck in a condo... (but not my condo) so I have been planning for the last 6 months... almost ready to pull the trigger.. and get my TT and TV and hit the road...

I still have to get the essentials and do some modifications on the future TT....

hang in there... it will be here before you know it...

good luck

JT

DLTooley;

The trailer is parked in the yard. It hasn't moved since I bought it more than three years ago. It does make a nice guest house though.

Traveling for me would be a means of escaping the summer heat and humidity. DW decided she is not going to boondock so I would be traveling alone. The trailer is much too big (30ft) for one person. I regret buying it. A small cargo trailer would better suit my needs.

Welcome Doug,

I am also stuck for the time being. My DW cannot travel anymore due to health issues. Bought a house for the kids to move into and built an addition for DW and I to grow old(er) in. Hate it here as the house owns me. Everywhere I look there is something to do.

Son says I can get out of here for awhile at the end of this month once my DW's Dr. appointment is over. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. That is where I am right now.

You may just have to take the hit on the TT as you are not using it. Then you can get something more suited for your style.

Good luck.

Stuck said:
DLTooley;

Traveling for me would be a means of escaping the summer heat and humidity. DW decided she is not going to boondock so I would be traveling alone.  The trailer is much too big (30ft) for one person.  I regret buying it.  A small cargo trailer would better suit my needs.

You might try towing it for short trips for training, and see if you can get comfortable with it.  You could probably find someone to give you lessons.  It's good to push your limits a little bit, but it's also crucial to know those limits and what a little bit is.

I'm not worried about the difficulties of towing it, as I had a CDL for years and have moved logging equipment around the woods. The problem is that the trailer is nearly 12ft tall and not suitable for jeep trails.

I bought a Thousand Trails membership from an estate and planned to stick to RV resorts in deference to my wife. TT has gone into the toilet over the last three years due to declining revenues. I have no interest in resort camping so there is no advantage in a large trailer. The increased fuel costs and limitations on where I can go are significant disadvantages.

Latest posts