Hello everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott3569

Reaction score
Been a few weeks since i have made an appearance here.. things have no been bad.. 

The van is running great.. still have some things to fix on it.. but that woll be neverending.. 

I have been hanging oit in the Louisville area.. doing doordash mostly..  

Thinking about moving on though.. 

I would take some suggestions if any of you are door dashing.  

Still considering finding an area to plant myself and maybe find an hourly position temporarily...

Hope everyone is doing well..

Good to hear from you, thanks for the report! How is door dash working for you? Van camping still?

Absolutely im still in my van.. door dash is decent. On average i make $18+/HR.. The downside is putting the miles on a vehicle i don't want to replace at the moment.

To find out what your truly making you need to figure in the wear and tear on your vehicle in addition to your fuel. There have been figures bounced around about how much it cost a mile and I think the allowed IRS deduction is sort of used as the official one. Since I don’t have to file taxes I don’t know what that is not this time. You might truly be making $18 an hour but if you haven’t figured in the wear and tear on your vehicle the insurance the tires etc. you’re not really making that. Then I assume you’re a private contractor so your payroll taxes are not deducted and you have that out of that figure to. You’re probably already smart enough to know that but I thought I’d chime in. Good luck

Rochester, MN is a great place to door dash! Lots of people ordering take-out, especially in the
winter ;)

nature lover said:
To find out what your truly making you need to figure in the wear and tear on your vehicle in addition to your fuel. There have been figures bounced around about how much it cost a mile and I think the allowed IRS deduction is sort of used as the official one.  Since I don’t have to file taxes I don’t know what that is not this time. You might truly be making $18 an hour but if you haven’t figured in the wear and tear on your vehicle the insurance the tires etc. you’re not really making that.  Then I assume you’re a private contractor so your payroll taxes are not deducted and you have that out of that figure to. You’re probably already smart enough to know that but I thought I’d chime in. Good luck
Yeah i know