Hello, and a big HOWDY

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOldBear

Reaction score
Having been born in TX, my mom  brought me to MA as an infant. I have lived in MA, (brought up), NY, (married and children), NJ and TX (Born and then later lived in for 1-yr+).  Like Johnny Cash, "I've been everywhere", (well, I've had a good start).  :s
I had tent camped as a child, with my mom, when they had a trailer, but I never stayed in their trailer. (Step father didn't like me.!!!). :mad:
After my children were born I bought a 28-ft trailer and did some extensive trailering around NY, PA and SE Canada.
When the kids entered High School, they discovered the opposite sex, and major camping ceased. :dodgy:  My son and I then traveled, and fished, in a Truck Camper for a while.
That was 35+-yrs ago. Since then I haven't been camping.  :-/
There have been EXTREME advances in both RVs, of all types, and technology since that time. There was no Solar energy capture, there were no cell phones, there was no WiFi or TV (while camping). What beautiful additions to "CAMPING".!!!
Now, at 71-yrs old  I am wanting to explore our beautiful country. :cool:

Hi BigOldBear and welcome. Great intro! Best of luck to you and hope to hear of some adventures.

Welcome Bear... it's great to have you here. Get an RV and head for TX, it's a huge state.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.