Hello All!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynb

Reaction score
I just signed up for the forum so hello everyone!

I am retired with an OK pension, and have decided to full time in my 1995 Chevy Astro conversion van (with 40k original miles).  I am in the process of transforming the van so that I can live in it.  This included removing the middle seats, and putting reflectix over the windows.

I have purchased a small Paxcess solar generator and a Renology 100 watt panel for basic solar power for my phone, computer and fan.  I will later get plastic stackable bins a butane stove from Wal mart.  I am on a budget.  I will then head west from Louisiana (a horrible place to live).  

I have never been a camper but I yearn for the quiet and solitude of the desert, and to be free of this society that I feel is going down hill fast.

I plan on going to all of the caravans I can find to meet new people and learn new things.

Thank You

All sounds good but you are not going to be escaping from society, it is simply a variation on the one you are currently around.

Welcome Glynb to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome Glynb... I hope your travel plans are successful and that I'll meet you somewhere along the way, perhaps at one of those caravans.

Thank You ya'all.  I know I cant escape from society, just the part of society I don't like.  I plan on attending some caravans this year, but if not definitely RTR.