Hello to all. New here.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cactus wren

Reaction score
Hello everyone.  I live in Avra Valley, which is in NW Pima County.  I'm on around 1.5 acres, outside of Marana and NW Tucson, in a semi-rural area.

One of the reasons I'm here is b/c this community clearly understands the importance, the economics, and the discretion of living in your RV or van or car in a stealth setting.

I live in a small house.  Have a van I don't use, and am considering options.   I won't expand on that topic at this time since I'm new here.

I would like feedback and opinions on how to create an ideal van life while semi-boondocking on private property, about reasonable work/barter situations, and about equitable expense sharing, something that works for all parties involved, and takes into consideration issues like infrastructure and financial resources.

I'll be sure to post more about this under a more specific topic.

Beyond this...I reside w/5 fluffy bottomed kitties that I had no intention of cohabitating with, but karma had something else in mind for me.  Now I feel like something out of the Chinese proverb about a man whose life was saved who now is gratefully ever indebted to the fellow soul who saved him.  Kinda how I feel about mah cats now.  Glad to be obligated to them.  They have brought so much joy.

Guess that makes me an official cat lady.  Now that the beasts are over a year old, they're itching to get back outside.  Had to clip their wings once they learned how to climb over a tall welded wire fence and out into the world. 

It's still bloody hot here in the valley.  Those of you who visit the desert get my drift.  Not the kind of weather that smiles on one who lives without an evap cooler or a/c.  Nor for a cat lady needing to extend the height of fencing, so am eager for better weather.

At this point, I'm rambling, and I apologize.  

Looking forward to touching base with folks, and I truly hope all are doing well.  These are troubling times on many fronts.  Having faith doesn't prevent one from seeing there are more dark times ahead.  What it does is make you thankful for what you have, and resourceful.  You look for a way to make the most of the situation you've got, and find a way to make it better.

Kind regards to all, and I send you my wishes for your well-being, whatever the situation you may find yourself in.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks for the welcome, will be posting some ideas and asking for feedback on some nebulous plans that would include van dwellers and the property on which I live. I love the character traits of the people whose videos I've seen and whose posts I've read.

I'm seeing kind, resilient, resourceful people. Look forward to interacting more.

BTW, glad a firm 10 post minimum was lifted. Not looking to sell anything, but am looking for a few vans to semi-boondock here in the foreseeable future.

Blessings.

Welcome, glad to know you have rescued 5 cats....but be careful....years ago I knew a family that were of the same persuasion, they loved cats...and 3 cats became 5, then 8, then 12, then 17!

Trust me, you do NOT want 17 cats!

Good luck to you!

Hi tx2sturgis,

My (thank goodness) now ex left me w/5 growing kits - 2nd best thing he ever did, if you get my drift. All spayed/neutered/& have shots.

But thanks for your concern. Does tx stand for Texas and Sturgis implicate a machine, vroom, vroom?

Nice to meet you.

Cactus Wren you might want to take a look at Caballo Loco RV Park down Hwy 286 for an idea of what might be. In winter the are a few of us there. Many came from Coyote Howls last year when they changed their rules. Most have year round spaces if only used for storage but show up in fall when the weather cools.

Latest posts