Heater with Vent

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimaef

Reaction score
I was recently looking at the Platinum Cat Heater Model 3P12 or 6P12 models as a heater. Am I reading this right that on average it uses only 6watts after start up? I'm super interested in the larger heater and I'm hoping someone has purchased one recently. I like the ventilation on it and with a passive make-up air piece it could work really well. (Only issue is the price! It isn't listed)

I was also looking into the Olympian Wave 3, but I don't like that it isn't vented. Is there a way to possibly rig it to do so or are there other heaters on the market with low wattage and a similar price range that are vented? 

I live in a very humid and wet climate depending on the time of the year (Michigan) so I'd like the little bit of help in keeping the humidity and mold down in the camper. Me, plus a cat, and a propane cooktop stove is already going to create quite a bit of condensation in the winter. I've already got the insulation and other parts of keeping warm sorted, but not this half.

I've done a review on the PlatCat. You'll find it in the forums. It's easy to install yourself. You are looking at at least $450 not including pipe, clamps, hole saw, sealant, etc.