Heat in Los Angeles and surrounding areas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRuth

Reaction score
WOW it's October 9th and the temp is soaring up. 

If you are in and around Los Angeles and surrounding ares look for shade!

Were looking at triple digits today tomorrow and maybe Sunday. 

Not happy
sad.gif

Shade is always one of your best friends in hot weather. ;)

If that isn't enough, then it's time for a 12v swamp cooler or 12v A/C unit.

Climate change is like gravity; you don't have to believe in it for it to affect you.

On the Phoenix local news last night they were crowing about how for the first time this summer LA was hotter than Phoenix.

Of course I'm in Flagstaff where the weather is just to my liking!
Bob

They may be right Bob, and HDR indeed just like it, was 101 at 5:30pm here in the San Fernando Valley this afternoon.
Tomorrow they say cooler, hah that's just a technicality for instead of 103 it will be 100. uggg

Mike R

yeah tomorrow we are starting on the ranch at 5:30 to try to beat the heat. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
yeah tomorrow we are starting on the ranch at 5:30 to try to beat the heat.  highdesertranger

The floor of my van is 89.5F
The ceiling of my van is 99.5f
The Asphalt outside my van is 133.5f

The damp sarong on my body with fan aimed at it is 71f.  I am comfortable with the heat being sucked from my skin, can actually obtain goosebumps after redampening the sarong.

There is little humidity, evaporative cooling very effective.

I'll take 95f with 30% humidity over 85F with 90% humidity any day.

Most distressing to me if the flocks of humanity crowding the shorelines.  Can anybody at all drive without a phone in front of their face?

Dangnabbed clusterscrew near the ocean today. Good waves too, but there is no room.

images