Heading to Quartzsite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the motor home you can park any place in the LTVAs all winter for $180. Has dump stations, water and trash. If you stay for very long at all you could pay more than that in dump and fill fees when trying to stay on 'free' BLM land. Check out Pirate Camp in La Posa South. Ask Abnorm for directions. Nice soft landing place for folks new to the area or new to boondocking.

I second that, look for Pirate Camp!

I dont know where it is this year but it's usually in LTVA La Posa South.

When you pay the $40 for 2 weeks or $180 for 7 months, the sticker they put on your windshield is good at any of the LTVA areas.

Welcome to the forum... it's good to have you here. Please tell us about your rig, if you would like to.

I second that, look for Pirate Camp!

I dont know where it is this year but it's usually in LTVA La Posa South.

When you pay the $40 for 2 weeks or $180 for 7 months, the sticker they put on your windshield is good at any of the LTVA areas.
Does that sticker work at the BLM land in Parker Arizona

Yes, no sticker needed for normal BLM land, but you do have to move from place to place as your 14 day limit expires in each location.

When you pay the $180 and stay on LTVA land you dont have to move every 14 days, you can stay in one place if you want, or move from place to place as you want.

Does that sticker work at the BLM land in Parker Arizona
Be careful choosing the campsite in Parker as there is Tribal land immediately adjacent to the BLM land. Avenza BLM maps on a GPS enabled devise to double-check position can prevent a boundary line error.

If you don’t have Avenza or the maps for the areas you want to camp in make a stop at the BLM district office in Lake Havasu City, AZ. You can use their Wi-Fi to load the software and maps and even get a one-on-one lesson from the ranger at the front desk on using Avenza.

Which just reminded me that I need to load Avenza on my recently acquired 10” tablet. One of the reasons I chose that tablet is that it is GPS enabled and easier to see the maps on than a small cell phone screen. Plus I have an extra memory card in it for storing the maps on. I do not need to be connected to the internet to use Avenza maps in areas with no cell signal.

Last edited:
Which just reminded me that I need to load Avenza on my recently acquired 10” tablet. One of the reasons I chose that tablet is that it is GPS enabled and easier to see the maps on than a small cell phone screen. Plus I have an extra memory card in it for storing the maps on. I do not need to be connected to the internet to use Avenza maps in areas with no cell signal.
Which tablet did you get?