Have you lost your wallet?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott3569

Reaction score
Well, I can tell you I THOUGHT I lost my wallet and thinking you lost your wallet has the same feeling of actually loosing your wallet untill that moment you find your wallet.. then it's a party!!!

So last night could i find my wallet called the few places i went to, called the state police and made a report..

Then this morning I found it.. NOOO i am not telling you were i found it.  The important thing is i found it.. 

Don't loose your wallet, lose your mind all you want, but not your wallet! LMAO

I've misplaced it a few of times, but I knew it was somewhere in my van. It was usually in the pocket of the pants I had stuffed in the dirty clothes bag. Also, a black wallet is easy to miss on a black floor or on the black console in dim light. So I've trained myself to always put the wallet and key in the repurposed Spam can I screwed to the wall. So far, so good.

I got home from shopping at Fred Meyer and NO WALLET IN MY PURSE. I freaked the f*** right out.

Looked all over the apartment, looked all over the car, went back to the store and talked to the
customer service lady. Came home and cancelled my one card. I was SO upset.

Went to sit down at the computer and sat on my wallet. My computer chair is black and my
wallet was dark blue. The next day I got some thin, hot pink duct tape and wrapped my wallet
with it and then stood by my original rule that my wallet is either in my hand or in my purse. If I
don't put things exactly in their place, and everything has a place, I will never be able to find it again.
Case in point, my flashlight. It has a place next to the front door, I keep setting it down all over and
it takes forever to find it again.

Purse is a non-issue now anyway. When the pandemic started I took out the cards I use and put them in
a cardholder on a lanyard that I wear when I go out and I like it so much I will do it forever now. Phone
and keys go in my pockets. In a year I haven't needed to carry anything else.

Glad you found your wallet! It's a horrible feeling when you can't.

I always laugh at myself when I read these kind of posts. A couple weeks ago I lost my keys. I ripped my minivan van apart. Dragged everything out and then put it all back. Thinking oh….hubby is going to be a mad bunny when I call him and ask him to drive 150 miles to bring me the spare set.

Before I got the courage to call him and listen to him get cranky, I decided to drink a cold soda. I lifted the lid to my fridge and yup….there sat my keys.

At least I cleaned and reorganized the inside of the Van!!

Didn't find a wallet...but found $700 in cash outside the bank one night at the ATM.

Was able to find the person who lost it (fortunately there was a phone number on it). She cried when I returned it. Awwwwww.. Priceless.

ALWAYS write you phone number on or in wallet, cash valuables.
There are honest people put there but you gotta help them be honest.

I was at home depot and had my small purse over my shoulder (zipper style, no open compartments). I had a sense of someone being close to my side and turned to find a tall guy unzipping my purse. Did not lose anything but...

Pickpockets are pretty skilled and you will not feel a thing. 
-crofter

crofter said:
I was at home depot and had my small purse over my shoulder (zipper style, no open compartments). I had a sense of someone being close to my side and turned to find a tall guy unzipping my purse. Did not lose anything but...

Pickpockets are pretty skilled and you will not feel a thing. 
-crofter

wow.  shades of Brazil

I have not lost my wallet. I realized the high risk and major inconvenience for losing a purse or wallet in a mobile lifestyle where I could have to backtrack a 100 miles if that happened. So  instead of a wallet or a purse I have a zippered wallet like pouch that slides onto my belt. It has room for my ID, some cash and cards as well as a pocket comb, mini pen, etc. Also a spare set of keys. It has worked very nicely for my needs. My cell phone goes in my pants pocket.

Always have a safely stored duplicate of important docs. If you can keep an expired license, or apply for a duplicate, so you have that stored away as well. Make photo copies of you passport and/or other docs and find a hidey hole.. ;)

"turned to find a tall guy unzipping my purse. Did not lose anything but..."
I carry funds and cards in a tiny zippered pouch tucked in my bra....let's just see how skilled he is...win/win, wink wink :)

GypsyJan said:
"turned to find a tall guy unzipping my purse. Did not lose anything but..."
I carry funds and cards in a tiny zippered pouch tucked in my bra....let's just see how skilled he is...win/win, wink wink :)
I have seen bra storage for the phone also. For me it would need to be a sweat proof compartment or the phone could break.
-crofter

I carry essential material in a Hill People kit bag, it's a chest carrier. My hands are free and my pockets are empty.

Useful for hiking, instead of having to stop and unload a backpack to get at something, or carry stuff in pockets. Same deal on a motorcycle.