Happy Yule

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@papa: No problem, in case you haven't noticed I post the night before for the coming day. By doing this, the thanks for the 12th day of yule is at its beginning, and also coincides with New Years celebrations. I'm glad to hear we share something in common when it comes to our daughters birth month and am happy you have taken the time to participate in this with me.

Happy Yule 8: I was born in August, so for that I always give thanks. I had expected to not make it to this year, and have in fact regained a lot of my health and am very thankful for that.

Scar Hon...sorry to have missed so much of your celebration...such a wonderful way to roll with this season.

My Dad was also born in August and he really was a true hero in my world and he loved me without any judgement (even whe I was the dreaded 14 - yikes!)...so for every August I'm thankful for the Dad I had and thankful for Scar's daughter's Dad too.

BTW Scar, just because you think dogs are greater than humans does not mean you are off the hook for me visiting! *smile*

August...eating sun ripened tomatoes hot off the vine....Where's that salt shaker.....back in my gardening days harvesting healthy good tasting treats, canning with my family....such great memories.

Scar, glad to hear your health has improved!!!!!

Happy Yule 9: In september I picked up a mosin nagant which gave me a lot of fun for the rest of fall til it got too cold to go shooting. It was also the first anniversary of Ruby coming into my life, and while I almost brokenheartedly gave her back for being uncontrollable, she eventually decided she liked me and we are now inseparable. Too earn the love of an old dog is something special.

Happy Yule 10: October included a special moment with my father, who normally can't stand me and probably will never happen again. So I give thanks for one strange night where we took my mosin nagant to the range just to see how big of a fireball it would throw in the dark. Enjoy your monday.

Sept.....Sept.....I'm a bit lost on this one.....this year I was so busy getting the 5th wheel ready. I guess I'm thankful for my ability to be able to move ahead on this great adventure I'm living.

Oct. Fall leaves with their wonder colors and the little kids excitement.

Happy Yule 11: In November my best friend sent me a cav hat (seen in profile pic) that I have learned that my old army unit has switched back to officially now as their dress uniform hat. Very cool.

Well folks, this is it, the end of my posts in this thread. Happy Yule 12, Happy New Years. In December I give thanks for friends on this site, my dogs and my continued health, and to the end of a pretty good year for me.

In the coming year I look forward to becoming more mobile, with plans for a self propelled RV, and a motorcycle with which to attract a babe. I have plans for two new pistols and a shotgun in the coming year, as well as improving Honeys Park and enjoying life more than the last couple of years have allowed me. So enjoy your new years day, and I will speak when the year is anew.

Latest posts