Happy Thanksgiving 2023!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several years ago (B4 Covid) while in San Diego; living frum my pickup at the time. Thanksgiving Day and I’m parked at the beach chillin and a group of people show up and they are handing out box turkey dinners to the homeless peeps of which there are many of which; technically speaking; I qualify…….
Anyway, I politely refused their generosity explaining that I’m really not at all “in need” and that I want you to give “mine” to some1 around here that could probably use 2 of them.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

I’m thankful for my health, living free, independent and the great genetics from my parents. All of my life’s experiences- good & bad. My phenomenal daughter as well as her mother who is the kindest, most thoughtful & selfless human being I’ve ever known.

Who lives better than I do?
Yeah, I do!
INTJohn livin The Dream!

We all have lots to be Thankful for. I've lived an awesome life & lots of adventures. Panning on 1 more. Bought a 2 axis ultralight & plan on (if I'm able in the spring) doing the shortest airport landing on top of a moving pickup truck rack.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Carla......hope it is one to remember.

I was up real early this morning cooking stuff to take to a meet up with friends. At day break I figured I'd better feed my Cat, Midnight, and she had a surprise for me. She had killed an English Sparrow and was sitting before it looking at me all proud pleased. The look on her face seemed to be saying......."Look eDJ_, I bagged us a Turkey" ! I just stood there pondering how she even knew it was Thanksgiving ? Curious creatures....Cats.

A good time was had by all here today :)

Midnight sawhorse.jpg

We all have lots to be Thankful for. I've lived an awesome life & lots of adventures. Panning on 1 more. Bought a 2 axis ultralight & plan on (if I'm able in the spring) doing the shortest airport landing on top of a moving pickup truck rack.
We boondocked at a spot next to an ultra light field. Google: Mansfield road, ultralight field in marana az. West of Tuscan az. You’ll love it.

Thanks for the heads up. Can't beat flying or skydiving but my days are about over. I did a truck top landing in a 1938 Taylorcraft same color as this Cub which Taylor invented then partnered with Piper who beat Taylor out of his part of the company while Taylor went on to make a much improved Taylorcraft which is a 2 place side by side that cruises 35mph faster on the same engine. A Cub you have to fly solo from the back seat.
Close cousin to what I did it before in.

https://images.app.goo.gl/NDoHCZMxNAFw4UW36 What I have now

Thanks for the heads up. Can't beat flying or skydiving but my days are about over. I did a truck top landing in a 1938 Taylorcraft same color as this Cub which Taylor invented then partnered with Piper who beat Taylor out of his part of the company while Taylor went on to make a much improved Taylorcraft which is a 2 place side by side that cruises 35mph faster on the same engine. A Cub you have to fly solo from the back seat.
Close cousin to what I did it before in.

https://images.app.goo.gl/NDoHCZMxNAFw4UW36 What I have now

I have flown in that model of Taylor craft before …out of Harvey Field in Snohomish, Wa.

My '38 was the 14th mod B built & delivered Christmas eve 1938 to Kellogg airport Battle Creek Mi about 40 miles west of here, hit a wing on an ice house on Austin Lake Kalamazoo in early Feb while on ski's. Owner sold it 1941 to go to WW2 to a guy in OK who went to war later in '41 but hung it in the barn but never made it back so it hung there 50 years till '91 when a guy found it & restored it perfectly for his Dad who learned to fly in a '38 as John Glenn did also. It's still flying in Brazil. I learned to fly in a '40 on ski's.