Happy Independence Day!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29503

Reaction score
I'm wishing a Happy Independence Day to all nomads.  I find it fitting to do so. Congratulations on a livelihood of sovereign individuality.  Celebrate your freedom!

Rabbit

Happy 4th to those who celebrate and enjoy the day but give remembrance!!!!!!

steak and shrimp on the grill with fireworks and more with big sun and great day and hope you guys ALL enjoy also!

It is a good time to remember "freedom isn't free" and everyone needs to do their part to insure freedom for everyone now and in the future. Happy 4th of July 2021!!!

Am on a road trip to NC/TN mountains and am not camping. So today I am chilling out in a motel room and recharging my batteries, as well as the batteries of the laptop, phone and mifi device. It is beutiful here...lots of green forests. Yesterday I tried to turn off the car's air conditioning and realized it wasn't even on...58 degrees at 9 a.m. made me very happy!
I am extending my stay to later in the week to avoid TS Elsa's rains and wind back home in Central FL. She is supposed to make land Wed. around 2 a.m. and I don't want to be driving through it.

I just said a prayer it doesn't make land fall.  God might have other plans.  If I was in TN, Dollywood, cotton candy, donkey ride.  For sure.  Be safe.

To ensure that you are live on the sixth don’t drink a fifth on the fourth.

"To ensure that you are live on the sixth don’t drink a fifth on the fourth."

^^
I second that.

Let freedom ring! Happy 4th. all.

nature lover said:
To ensure that you are live on the sixth don’t drink a fifth on the fourth.

Lucky me, I don't like drinking.  I've called all nursing homes in the Hershey area and informed them that a nomad going by the name of nature lover has escaped.  You'll be home soon.  Did my good deed for the day ;) Be safe and enjoy your holiday.

Happy 4th!

64 second clip of a 4th spectacle to remember. Would have loved to been here!

Hope everyone had a great and safe 4th…if all goes to plan I will be on the road by this time next year

road freedom can't come fast enough for any of us :) :) WE ARE THIS type that require it for a great life :)

To stay on topic - I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. And as for getting me back into a nursing home, forget it! they will have to drag me and restrain me and I’ll be breaking out again as soon as possible. By the way that home was in Lancaster and I pity anybody who goes there. They have a witch (which up with a B) For an administrator. They are constantly breaking state law by not having a nurse on duty and let the place run by aids. They also break state laws concerning fire drills by bringing in extra staff to cover them. I have anonymously reported them many times but the department of aging doesn’t like anonymous reporters, and does nothing. Thanks for bringing that subject back up I love thinking about it, NOT. Again to stay on topic, I hope you all have today off and have fun.

nature lover said:
And as for getting me back into a nursing home, forget it!  they will have to drag me and restrain  me and I’ll be breaking out again as soon as possible. 
I'll go off topic with you. I can relate to your horror story a little.  Where I live, NOT EVERYWHERE btw, young people with wide eyed aspirations of altruism decide to get into nursing right after high school.  Somewhat to their defense there's a lot of "cash-flow" here with the healthcare industry, and it's either that or go to the factories for a comfortable living.  They go through school, sign contracts for tuition reimbursement and find out "Oh, wait, I have to handle bodily fluids, and the patient is the customer?" "It's not me being showered with gratitude?" "16 hour plus days?" How do I know this?  I worked for a hospital where the charge ER nurse said in front of me, "We should give her ketamine, y'know, what they euthanize dogs with?" out loud, without any regard to the volume of her voice.  She's also told a patient she was going to wrap a phone chord around their neck.  My department had input in staffing decisions.  I gave my input, not long after, she was "sent to the house".  I'm sorry for your experience.  Go off topic all you like.

Latest posts