Happy 2014 Independence Day!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compassrose

Reaction score
Stay safe, drive careful and enjoy! Be nice to the folks who have to work this holiday! (like me!)

Like you my sister works most holidays - one downside of being a Medical Professional.
Me...... July 4th is Day Four of my retirement - "WHOOHOO!!"

Later today I will visit my elderly Mom, have dinner with her and listen to the neighbors subjecting the neighborhood to a Rocket Attack...... ;-)

Everyone, have a Happy Independence Day! Remember those valiant men and women who made this possible back in the 1770's.

Happy Independence Day! May America continue to shine up on a hill, despite the morons leading us!

While the good ole USofA has many flaws, it's probably the best country that has ever been or ever will be! You just can't do much better!

And yes, it's important to look back at the men of those times who made it happen. The signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged their "Lives, Fortunes and Sacred Honor" to the concept of America. And that was real, had we lost the war (which seemed very likely) they all would have been hanged.

I'm awed and humbled by their greatness!
Bob

Bob, there is an article going around the Internet detailing the fact that many of the Signers did indeed lose everything! Many had lands and homes seized by the British, livestock taken or killed, family members killed or driven off and missing never to be seen again. Some had their health wrecked, and died as penniless paupers. But all did what they saw as their duty, to this new nation.
Independence Day..... far more than just a day off from work to hold a family cookout. :cool:
238 years of Freedom and Liberty so far. But it needs some caretaking, as it has lately been sorely abused.

Lee, I had heard that as well. Many of them bankrolled the war themselves with personal loans and never were paid back for it. It's hard to imagaine that all those great men would be in one place at one time and united in single cause. I see the hand of the divine in it somewhere.
Bob