handicap Toy Hauler question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bast

Reaction score
I bought a toy hauler because of the ramp. My sister and traveling companion is in a wheelchair. A winch was added to make getting the wheelchair up the ramp easier. Well we took the RV out for the first time and the winch idea i simply to unsafe. (We both took a nasty tumble today.) She can walk a little bit but the steps to the side door are to much for her. She was wondering if perhaps a mobiity scooter might be able to get up the ramp on its own power. I am skeptical. I have seen standing rv lifts for people who can stand. However the cheapest one I can find online is 2500.
Does anybody have any ideas. I am all out. of ideas :dodgy: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe someone converting a handicap school bus that does not need the lift would be willing to let you have it. What exactly happened and where was the wench attached to the chair. Maybe some tracks or guide could be made to prevent the chair from tipping while wenching?