hairs cut

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rm.w/aview

Reaction score
It was finally about time, so I motor in to town to look for a barber. While in the chair, a young boy walks in and the barber nudges me and says, "This one's not too bright, watch and I'll show you." The barber puts $1 in one hand and 2 quarters in the other and says to the boy, "Which do you want son?" The boy takes the quarters and leaves the dollar. "What did I tell you", says the barber, "that kid never learns!" Later I see the boy leaving an ice cream store and I ask him, "Hey son, why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?" Licking his ice cream cone he says, "Because the day I take the dollar, the game's over!"

Reminds me of when my dad would take us kids to the barbershop.  It was one of those old school barbershops, old male barbers wearing those white half-smocks, and a barber pole out front.  There kept playboy magazines in the cabinet under the till that us small boys weren't supposed to know about... and were quickly hidden away when we walked in.  Inside they had a small wooden box hanging on the wall that had a little door on front with the words, "Open In Case of Emergency".  One day I got curious and asked the barber what's inside the box?  He told me to go ahead and open it...  I knew there had to be some catch.  As I approached the box all heads turned and the room went silent.   Cautiously, I opened the door, somewhat expecting something to jump out and snap my fingers or scare me...  Looking inside it simply read, "Not Now! Only In Case of Emergency!"  Yeah, a good one... the barbers got me... and had a real good laugh!