Gym vs no gym?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluedogz

Reaction score
So it seems like a membership at a planet fitness or similar is a really popular option for getting access to showers on the road. What's the headcount of people who prefer that over just having some sort of shower rigged up in their van?

Also, planet fitness is very cagey about listing what their price is for that national plan… Anybody got any guidance?

Theres pros & cons on PF………

The big con is many of the clubs dont take credit card but want autopay from your checking account. I’m not giving anyone my checking account routing number.

If you go this route open a separate new checking account dedicated for PF only and only keep enuff $$ in it for a years worth of use. Then if PF gets hacked they can only get so much and it’s easier for you to quit if you want. When account gets low just add what you need for another year.

I gave serious thought to PF years back but hey I use my solar shower or the beach showers and never joined.
There’s YmCA too or whatever it’s called.
Then there’s Silver Sneakers too if you qualify and others.
PF ain’t the only shower in town.

research……
jonny

I visited a few of those “health clubs” and decided I was just as likely to get sick during the virus season as I was to get clean. Of course now virus season is pretty much all year for Covid 19 and a solid 6 months for the other types. So those places are definitely not for me, a higher risk senior. I do use some showers where I know they clean up between every customer. Cost extra of course but in between that luxury I can stay clean enough in my own camp.

The Quartzsite Main Street Laundry and Showers Business sanitizes the room after every shower before the next person uses the room. Not a gym but I can run my clothes in the washing machine or dryer while I take a shower and there is no gym membership location in that town.🙂

Last edited: