Greetings From Elma

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Wonka

Reaction score
Greetings All

Michael here temporarily in southern Washington.

Was watching the Vid on the none profit and how it aims to help 'our community' (that I am working to become a part of soon). Though not exactly mobile yet, I love and live this kind of thinking.  To myself, it is precisely what our current society has lost. 

So, I give you this.  I have no money to share. However, If I can help and you can come to me, I will. 

Life does not have to be "dog eat dog"  it has only become that way and can change back when we all get tired of it enough.  Live through helping others and graciously accept help when given is a MUCH better way of life. 

Our only true enemy to self is our ego.  It will only let you be what 'it' thinks you should be. Not whom you are.  Not your friend!  Loose it!  "Know thin self and to self be true"

Me...  Michael, 58 Yr Old Single male never married. On SSI, However, able to do most, just not 40 hours week.  (Took 10 years past date of last insured to prove SSDI)  Experienced in basic mechanical, construction and Insurance restoration. Good with building computers and basic technology's. Think weird steampunk Uncle that knows a bit about everything.

On a side thought....  Looking to get an affordable smaller class C, a larger class B. Like most in our day, terrified of becoming homeless.  Making planes to prevent that. ;;)

So, there you have it.   Say hello if you have a mind to, or just read me as time goes forward.

Cheers
Michael

Welcome to the CRVL forums Michael! Your skills can certainly be put to good use somewhere along the road!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Carla618 said:
Welcome to the Forum, Michael.

Thank you Carla.

I'm feeling a bit more connected all the time.  Seems like i found my "like minded tribe".

Looking forward to chating with you all somday.

Michael

HI! Welcome to the site.
There is great info on this board to read up and get great tips etc.
A Class C or larger Class B would be a wonderful home on wheels. Many contain so many features. Looking forward to hearing what you end up buying.

Hello Michael . . . welcome to the forum. I understand the "terrified of becoming homeless" thing. I used to have a nice white Aerostar van and referred to it as my "homeless insurance" as I knew if I ever lost my home I'd have a place to sleep. Then I gave my van away (to my son) because it had a mechanical problem and I was moving north to Idaho. When I got here my apartment wasn't ready for me and I spent all my money sleeping in hotels. I was within 24 hours of sleeping on the streets when that apartment finally came through for me. That's scary. I guess the moral of this story is: never give up your van for anything! I don't actually have one yet, but I'm planning to buy one within the next six months and to leave this s/b apartment behind.

Welcome to the forum Michael , hope you find the perfect RV to suit your needs . Be sure to inspect thoroughly or have it inspected. Read the post on here or ask if you have any questions. The people here are great and will help you all they can