Greetings All!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coventry

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

After my husband of 27 years had a triple bypass along with recurring health issues, I'm looking into forms of alternative living. While my husband has been in and out of the hospital this past year, I've been binge watching tiny house and the cheaprvliving YouTube channels, since I can't be with him in the hospital due to covid. It's been a way to get my mind off of everything. 

All the videos have made me itchy to start camping (and possibly making larger trips!) again with my daughter and possibly my mother as well. While I've a pretty standard tent camping set (I normally go with my mom & daughter at least twice a year), I'd really like to do a Yellowstone trip with them both in a light trailer conversion that would be towable by my RAV4 v6. Also, this setup would possibly be a place for my mom if/when the time comes. 

Things I'd like to learn more about:

1. Towing a trailer (gaining confidence, etc)
2. Solar power - I've watched most of Bob's videos on this, but would like to read more details and get a deeper understanding.
3. Cargo trailer conversions - I LOVE the WeeRoll trailers but not sure how I'd get one to Oregon...

It's nice to meet you all and thank you for all the knowledge.
:heart:

Welcome Coventry to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

My RAV4 tow limit is 1500 pounds, which is limiting, but I choose not to tow....yet. The Wee Rolls are awesome....might be worth a road trip to FL....especially while it is cold & dreary in Oregon. If I get a Wee Roll, I would want one I could stand up in. I would use it as a mini-toy hauler and stash most of the gear in a tent when possible to give more sleeping room inside (cots would give individual storage space for a toiletry bag, shoes, clothes, etc. underneath, while leaving an aisle to walk through). I sould set up my Bass Pro Shop deluxe folding kitchen at the front end and find a space for a camping potty, which could be disguised as a night stand by tossing a cover over it.

Welcome to the forum Coventry. I sincerely wish you find what you’re looking for and join us in this conversation of sharing ideas, inspirations, and bull crap.

Thank you for the welcome.

Yeah, I've been doing a bit more research and think I'll need to start more simply with a very small cargo trailer or wait to get another vehicle. In the meantime, going to set up a car camp this year and shoot for getting out more or even alone, to build my confidence.

I'm working remotely so maybe a road trip would work - internet would be a requirement... hmmmm...