Greek Salad [split from] Why are posts being deleted here?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sofisintown

Reaction score
crofter said:
Speaking of food Sofi, I am making your cucumber & tomato salad on these hot days, it's so cooling. You should post the recipe.
-crofter
Here it is, Crofter:

Greek salad
1 tomato
1 pepper
1/2 cucumber
1 small onion
olives
feta cheese
olive oil, vinegar, salt, oregano

Slice the first four, add a big slice of feta on top and some olives.
Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar on them all, and sprinkle salt and oregano. (And some capers if you like them)
Mix and eat.

The amounts are only a suggestion. This ^ is dinner, not a side dish. For more people add more of the same.

Here is the "execution":

Thank you for the recipe, Sofi! And all those are in season now. I had forgotten the olives & oregano. That will add flavor.
-crofter

I am big on a cucumber salad from the Deli. I then cube and mix in a fresh tomato (in season). Other-times halved grape tomatoes are generally ok. I do add olives. I am going to try the feta, or maybe other crumbled cheese like Gorgonzola. All with some crusty bread. Glass of wine. OK OK Big glass of wine. More than one. thank for posting a good idea.

My (ex) Greek husband taught me how to make this salad :

Sliced fresh tomatoes
Sliced white onion
salt & pepper 
olive oil
toss

(no vinegar)

I love feta...but prefer not in my salads
I LOVE it with Greek Stuffed peppers !   I don't think i could even enjoy Greek stuffed peppers without feta !!!!   :heart:

BTW....i MADE Gyros a few days ago ( but this is a salad thread), do you wanna know HOW i made them ???

So good with the olives added in. I put in a mix of kalamata and green olives, being almost out of olives.

I will have to get an oregano plant now that we are past summer heat.
What type of oregano is best for this?
-crofter

GREEK OREGANO!!!! :heart:

When my daughter goes to Greece she brings a biunch back for me …. There’s nothing like it here …. Unless you can get some from a Greek store… which usually isn’t that great ( not fresh )

After you’ve had FRESH Greek oregano you get spoiled…..

You Can Find the live plants here to grow yourself…. But the stuff that grows in the Greek mountains are superior ( I think )

Just to be more clear....i use fresh DRIED Greek oregano.....dried spices are more intense than fresh (undried).....anywho..........OPA!

I have been introduced to the herb Savory. Specifically, Summer Savory, dried. At this time I think it is the best of that family of dried herbs.