Good camp chair? [split] 14 day limit, National Forest, Arizona

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my 4th one of those. Eventually the small bolts break but can easily be replaced. Finally the fabric starts to rip and after a few repairs it falls apart. I wish replacement fabric was available since the frame is still in good shape. They usually last about 3 years with heavy use.

The Coleman Big-N-Tall is the best camping chair for RV I've ever bought. When I saw this chair and the price, I had doubts about its quality. But I can happily report that it met or exceeded my expectations at every step. The armrests really help me relax. Plus, the mesh cup holder can really hold anything from mugs to beer bottles. One feature that I like about this camping chair is the durability of the materials used. The steel frame didn't flex even when I placed a 325-pound object.

I just look at this Coleman chair because of your post. It sure would be more convenient to carry in a metal folding chair like I do. My problem is getting my fat arse up out of the chair requires armrest that I can push on. What do you think will they take it? If I fall getting out of the chair someone has to bring a forklift in to get me up.

I just look at this Coleman chair because of your post. It sure would be more convenient to carry in a metal folding chair like I do. My problem is getting my fat arse up out of the chair requires armrest that I can push on. What do you think will they take it? If I fall getting out of the chair someone has to bring a forklift in to get me up.
As long as you can push on the front of the arm rests they're very sturdy. Unlike most chairs of this type this one has tubes that go from the front feet to the arm rests so they don't flex. Also I find the angle of the backrest on these chairs is much better than most.