14 day limit, National Forest, Arizona

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorVation

Reaction score
As the titles suggests, I'm camping in a National Forest in Arizona with a 14 day stay limit. I get it. Can't return to this forest within a 30 day period from when I first arrived. I get that too. 

What I don't get and my Google searches and reading the USDA website till my eyes bleed, aren't helping, can I go to another National Forest in Arizona within those 30 days? I know I can go to a BLM site but so far I can't find one around here at high elevation.

I'm good for another 10 days but I like to have plan b well ahead of time.
Thanks...

"can I go to another National Forest in Arizona within those 30 days?"

generally yes. keep in mind that there is also a mileage clause and you must follow that also. the number of miles is highly variable depending on the forest you are in. also there are also districts that are involved in the equation so you can have several districts in one National Forrest in some instances changing districts works, in others it doesn't.

that was a big help wasn't it. sorry i can't be more specific but every district gets to make their very own special set of rules.

highdesertranger

"generally, yes" is a big help. At least now I have something to go on. I'd like to stay within 50 or even 100 miles of here for a while if possible. I'm going to rent a mailbox tomorrow or the next day in a town not too far from here. There are things I just can't get around this part of AZ. I haven't seen a Ranger yet but I guess I can call if I have to..

Thanks...

Edited to add:
Changing districts in this forest would be perfect if I can pull that off..

I just watched a video of a ranger check outside of Prescott. Everywhere is going to be pretty hot the next week! Good luck staying cool. Maybe let us know what area you are in, someone may have a spot they know of. Even making a month long loop or using mail forwarding might work as well.

You have to go to a different NF. So you need to hit two different NFs before returning to the first NF with a non NF spots to make up the 30 days. You'll also have to drive a bit to stay at high elevations in the different NFs.

I'm up here at around 7400 ft. I boogied out of Kingman not long after I saw the National Weather Service bulletin about excessive heat. I'm in the William's Ranger District of the Kaibab National Forest. Perfect weather up here. I'd like to keep it that way within reason. If I have to drive, I have to drive.

Kingman was a good place to get out of (and I'll leave it at that). I was in that area for weeks. I could have left sooner but I was doing my best to stay put. I'm not going to stay put if I have to deal with excessive heat though. I didn't go through all the trouble of putting this van together to be miserable. I love the desert. I mean I really love it, but the forest has its own allure. It's really peaceful here.

I really need to get some things shipped to me at a mailbox. For instance, some of the things I need off Amazon are too big to ship to a hub counter or locker and the closest are over 50 miles from here anyway. A couple things from Walmart aren't available for store pickup but they are for free delivery. Go figure...

I still have an address in Florida but there's nowhere to have stuff forwarded to.

I need a good fold up camping chair. I brought an office chair with me but when it's in the van I never sit in it and it takes up too much room. I use it outside. When I break camp, that thing is a major pain in the butt to deal with. Amazon won't ship one to a locker or counter and the one I'm looking at from Walmart isn't available for store pickup

There are plenty of places on the Mogollon Rim and you can choose between 2 different National Forests along there.

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Tapatalk

holy cow, a little pricey is a gross understatement. I would like to try one out, I have nothing against paying for quality. highdesertranger

Latest posts