Good camp chair? [split] 14 day limit, National Forest, Arizona

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barleyguy

Reaction score
For camping chairs you could try Menards if you'll be passing near one. They have a huge patio section and also a seasonal camping section they set up normally each summer.. Last year they had a huge variety of camping chairs from simple ones to the high end zero gravity style.

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate that and I'll research them. Today I rented a mailbox about 20 miles from here because there are a couple things on Amazon I really can't get anywhere else. Walmart wants to ship that chair about 12 days out so I have to give it some thought

MotorVation said:
Thanks for the tips. I appreciate that and I'll research them. Today I rented a mailbox about 20 miles from here because there are a couple things on Amazon I really can't get anywhere else. Walmart wants to ship that chair about 12 days out so I have to give it some thought
Don't forget that Home Depot also has outdoor furniture in stock, including folding camp chairs and lots more outdoor furniture items with free in store pickup on some online orders. It can be a bit slow for them to get some items delivered to the store.  They also stock paper supplies as well as sanitizing products in the stores at reasonable prices. So a store to remember as an alternative to Walmart and Amazon as they are located in many areas.

I think my next camp chair will be the old aluminum frame plastic weave jobs. light and easy, fairly comfortable.

That's what I have Danny, it's so light and easy to store.

At a seat height of 11.5 inches, I don't think I could get in or out of that chair.

good point Brian. I didn't notice that, that is pretty short. highdesertranger

Those little Kermit chairs are pretty comfy, they do sit very low, although you can buy extensions for them.

They are popular in the motorcycle touring/camping community since they pack down so small.

I have a GCI Pico Chair that I like. It's comfortable, has lots of pockets, and folds down to 1/16 of its size that's easy for me to cary and store in the van.
[size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][video=youtube]

I carry a pico chair for company or if I go visiting. My main chair is too big for anything but sitting outside in.

They do fold down pretty small and have a handy carry bag but are kinda heavy.

Quote from above^^^^^^

"This is what I got a couple of months ago.
GCI Freestyle Rocker Pro.
https://www.qvc.com/GCI-Outdoor-Freestyl...13517.html
GCI's site had them $50 shipped""

I have something similar from QVC- (& possibly exactly the same chair)-- and it is superb IMO.
It is a bit heavier than the standard camping bag chair---but it is so comfortable. I use it with a
little folding bag canvas foot rest.

I have a coleman chair in the van. Very comfortable and has a flip up table.  -crofter

iamk said:
I have a GCI Pico Chair that I like. It's comfortable, has lots of pockets, and folds down to 1/16 of its size that's easy for me to cary and store in the van.
you forgot to mention the price tag $$$.00

DannyB1954 said:
I think my next camp chair will be the old aluminum frame plastic weave jobs. light and easy, fairly comfortable.

Saw them in a Walmart a few days back, ~$25.

When I'm in the van, I'm lolling around on the bed. Although I am contemplating a small table set up for the times when working on a table inside would be handy. I carry a cube igloo cooler for storage, which doubles as an extra outdoor seat, and makes an adequate backless chair.

For lounging around outside I carry a Timber Ridge zero-gravity chair. It's a bit bulky, and there's not enough room to use it inside the van, but when I'm parked, it's outside. It's the most comfortable chair I have EVER owned, of any kind, and I plan to never be without one again. I don't care that it looked, um, non-Martha Stewart in my aparment's living room.

jacqueg said:
 Although I am contemplating a small table set up for the times when working on a table inside  would be handy. 

When I was in a full sized van I had folding lawn chair & a TV tray for a table, I used it a lot. It did not work in the mini-van. When I was in a class B van I turned the pass seat around and pulled out the TV tray table.

DannyB1954 said:
...fairly comfortable.

I've never been comfortable in one. The top cross bar digs into my back, and the front of the seat usually digs into my thighs.