Girls only journey

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwcolby54

Reaction score
I'm hosting a "Girls only except for me" thing. :ROFLMAO::bluetruck:

So far it's not going so well but I try. :cool:

21 years ago, at 48 years old, my 'ex' and I fostered and then adopted two kids. I love my son, but he is a pretty normal if very smart kid. Out on his own, doing fine.

However my daughter, whom I call Ms Allie, has about 8 disabilities which I can just rattle off, caused by a genetic duplication. She will never leave home, drive a car, or hold a job... and so she really is my "girls only except for me" thing, and of course the love of my life. She loves camping with dad in my '95 Scamp 5th wheel, and I love taking her camping.

I am now closing in on my 70th birthday. I was trying very hard to not take SS until my 70th to maximize my benefits but... well... I did the math and decided that if I took SS a year early I could pay off all my debt (I still work driving a truck, making a very good salary). So the revised plan is to pay off my new (to me) Ford Maverick hybrid TOAD (which I love) in this coming year, then buy a Bigfoot Class C to tow my Toad with, and pay it off the following year, then hang in for another year building out an emergency fund, and finally... debt free and money in the bank, take Ms Allie out to Quartzsite for the RTR.

Of course you know what they say... tell God your plans and provide him a good chuckle. But I have a spreadsheet that says it is possible! And so far the spreadsheet is pointing the way.

We shall see. In the meantime my "girls only except for me" thing is off to a good start with Ms Allie.

I have seen Scamp 5th wheels now and again in the Quartzsite area. Every year in January there is a Fiberglass Trailer Rally held at the Dome Rock BLM dispersed camping area at Quartzsite. The announcements for that event are posted in the rally area of the Fiberglass RV forum
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f57/

If you are not familiar with that forum do explore it because you will find other Scamp 5th wheel owners have posted there over the years. Including renovation and repair articles as well as a section where there are images of things like the original owner’s manuals, old brochures and advertisements too.