Getting started

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorhacker

Reaction score
I do not want to rush into "van dwelling" but I am researching vehicles. I own a SUV, in which many people make do, but I would prefer something bigger. Right now I am checking out a large SUV capable of towing a 5000 lb. trailer such as a T@b or a Casita. I am comparing that option with a Class B RV or possibly even buying a Promaster outfitted with features like swivel seats to build on. Thanks.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Thorhacker! If possible, go to an RV show or a large dealer and check out all of the different types of RVs. Go through the motions of daily living which will give you an idea of how much room you need and what arrangement works best for you.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Thorhacker-

That's smart! Not rushing in seems like a good insurance policy against getting something you won't necessarily be happy with....everyone on these pages, pretty much, has said that one's first rig is never the final rig. So the idea is to start modestly while still figuring out what will work.
Sounds like you have a good sense of that already. Casitas are amazing and no leaks :) 

Anyways- good luck, ask lots of questions here, and enjoy all the solid, hard-learned advice so freely given on this site. 

See you on the road sometime....

Latest posts