Generator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longteam

Reaction score
Hi, need some information please.  We have a 1991 Ford Econoline high top that we are working on restoring.  The on board generator is long gone.  The air conditioner is a residential one installed above the back doors. The dash a/c does not work and I have a medical issue that I overheat easily.  Does anyone know of any laws that would prohibit me from running a generator on a tray on the back so I can run the a/c while we are driving?

Thank you

Longteam said:
Hi, need some information please.  We have a 1991 Ford Econoline high top that we are working on restoring.  The on board generator is long gone.  The air conditioner is a residential one installed above the back doors. The dash a/c does not work and I have a medical issue that I overheat easily.  Does anyone know of any laws that would prohibit me from running a generator on a tray on the back so I can run the a/c while we are driving?

Thank you

Don't see any laws on that, I ran a bbq pit once going down the road and wood stove another time.

I just did a google search on "running generator while driving". It seems a lot of RVer's do just that.

Latest posts