Gear List

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyl4rk

Reaction score
Does anyone have a gear list for van camping that they would be willing to share?

I'd help but I carry everything including the kitchen sink so you really don't want an inventory of what goes in my van.... :D

Is there some specific area of camping gear like kitchen stuff that you'd like to know about?

you are right Guy. only if I go to the RTR I will probably only bring 7 or 8. lol highdesertranger
ok maybe 10

Those two list that HighDesertRanger posted should give you the ability to build your own easily and suiting your needs.

I'm trying to put together a checklist of things not to forget when packing up the van.

Here is what I have so far:

Categories:
Sleeping
Cooking/Food
Shelter
Toilet
Hygiene
Navigation
Tools

Item:
Bed
Blankets, sleeping bags
Clothes bag
Water jugs
Folding Table
Washbasin
Stove
Folding Chairs
Dishes, forks, knives, spoons
Food box
Shower tent
Toilet pail
Cooler
Awning, screen tent
Tent
Shower spray tank
Soap, toothbrush, paste, floss
Tools

this list is not done.

If you use Excel at all, it's probably the best place to keep the list.

You can set it up by category, then also add things by columns for how long you're going to be gone. If it's just a weekend you might not want all of the awning, screen room and tent.

Also things like cooking utensils can be listed and then added in for each trip by what the menu is or you can just carry a standard set of pots, pans and cooking utensils.

here's a hint on your list. you have a good start with your major categories.
Categories:
Sleeping
Cooking/Food
Shelter
Toilet
Hygiene
Navigation
Tools
now keep the header and make a sub list like this.
SLEEPING:
sleeping bag
pillow
blanket
bed/cot
COOKING:
cook set
utensils
stove
fuel
etc,etc......
now I would separate the cooking and the food. I actually label the cooking as kitchen. everybody list is different it's kinda a personal thing. I gave you a couple good starter lists. why don't you make your own list and post it up and we can give some hints. highdesertranger