Gazebo's:

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyra1958

Reaction score
Since I will be sleeping in my car for the RTR, I purchased a gazebo to put close enough to it, so that I could use it like an add a room , since I couldn't find a tent that would serve the purpose and be large enough to cook and make a private area for my personal care. I also purchased large Tarps that I could clip on the inside to privatize the screens but still be able to open them if I feel like it during the day time. Does anyone see a problem with doing this. It would be mainly for extra storage and cooking area, and privacy for personal care since I am older and cant quite make it to port a potty's in the middle of night.

Why would it be a problem? I myself have a gazebo that serves as additional living space. I set it up at my longer-term camps and it's truly a great thing. It's a great way to enjoy life outdoors, with shade and shelter, and without bugs. A place to cook and eat and do one's necessary activities, and sit and read in privacy, or to share quality time with friends. Enjoy your portable room!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply, I was seeing lots of video's about not using tents during the RTR because of high winds but I think if I get extra tie downs and really secure the tarps well it should give me the privacy I seek.

Kyra I think everything goes at rtr. I saw a huge mix and did see tents. If you get there early enough you can get between some trees.

Well, I don’t really know what’s up at the new spot but I’m sure you can find something.

Early bird catches the worm...

thank you for your reply, I will be traveling for 3 days down from Ontario Canada so probably will leave a couple of days earlier just in case I need to stop more than the 2 nights I plan, but first days travel is 12hrs second is 10 and last day is 12 so use to those travel times. So should be there 2 days before the start of RTR. Just waiting on the Dates and place to be announced for planning last leg of trip, got the first 2 all ready planned, since I know where i'm stopping. just need arrival address to compete the 3 days plans. So waiting patiently.

I plan to get a popup screen house and carry sandbags that I can fill to help hold it down. Since it's popup, it will be simple to take down if high winds are expected. I seriously cannot live inside a van for 24/7, and since I'm planning on doing a lot of camping in the National Forests of the eastern US, I'll need protection from skeeters and such.