Gate guards west texas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxy3700

Reaction score
You need to be in a self-contained RV or van. Couples or singles needed. Contact Maria Lopez at gate guard1. Email [email protected] 
1099, weekly pay and sign on bonus after 30 days.

Perhaps you could explain what a gate guard job is about.

Gate guarding: You can work at a shack or a gate. Our company uses an iPad. You sign everyone in and out of your gate or shack. With my company you will put in there license plate number. If the vehicle is in our system. you would then take a picture of the plate and of the load. If there are any passengers in the vehicle you would also get their names. if they're not in our system then you would put their name, name of the company and what type of load.
Unless the rig company has any other requirements that is basically your job.

How many hours? Singles or couples? Amenities offered?

PAY?

Right now my company I work for only employeeing couples. The pay varies per gate and shack.
Company cover water, electric and septic tank. If you live at the gate. Shacks you live in RV park. Drive to shack.
More info about the hiring process and what's available.
[email protected]
Tell Maria
Renee Sanchez sent you please
Let me know if you start the hiring process.

How about a range for the pay rates?

Hours per day. Days per week.

Vagueness tends to make me wary.

What else are you not telling us.

Such as "your company". Does that refer to a company that you own that is a third party? Or to Guard 1 Services and you are an employee?

From website:    
http://www.guard1services.com/

"24 hr Gate Guard
Our highly-trained, fully-licensed and uniformed guards ensure around-the-clock security at a job site."

"24 hr Gate Guard
Onsite, around-the-clock safeguarding of your personnel, equipment and critical assets."

What is an example of 'critical asset'?
Safeguarding personnel? Is self defense or weapons training involved?
Fully licensed? 

From 'careers' page:

Wanted: Strong and independent people
Our service culture is the ideal match for retired military, off-duty or retired law enforcement officers, correctional officers as well as oil and gas industry workers looking for a rewarding challenge.
If this sounds like you, call us.

That don't sound like me...I won't be calling. :rolleyes:

I thought about it a couple years ago, but investigated it a little more and decided against it.  Somebody has to be available at MOST gates 24 hours a day.

They are going towards you being an independent contractor. That means you pay for your own taxes, workman's comp, etc. That may not be the case with the OP, but as an independent contractor, there is no overtime. It's decent money because of the hours you work, but per hour it usually isn't so much. Some people love the job, though. A gate guard isn't my first choice, but it isn't my last one, either. It's worth looking into.

Man, I would jump all over a gig like this if my situation were different. It's probably not for everyone but I could see it being a great opportunity for the right type of person.

How much does it pay? They definitely won't hire singles? Any of you single ladies want to go in on this together? LOL

Read all about gate guard life at myoldrv.com

Great blog that ran for years. The owner is retired now. Go down to categories and there are over 200+ posts on gate guarding.