Free E books

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I probably won't get out for a few days, I'll let you know later.
It was probably a few pages that got cut off, maybe 2-3, but I do not know.
I use a Kindle.

C.J., The last I can read is, "Kim already was thinking of the preparations..." is as far as I can get.
Looks like there's just a few paragraphs after that.

That was the last sentence.

Kim already was thinking
of the preparations necessary for
their new journey.

Ella1 said:
C.J., The last I can read is, "Kim already was thinking of the preparations..."  is as far as I can get.
Looks like there's just a few paragraphs after that.

Ella,
I PM'd you with the last line that BC Guy was kind enough to look up.

I tried to wrap up all remaining questions in that novel's storyline in the epilogue yet leave the door open a bit for a sequel -- if I got "refreshed" enough (living with the same characters for months makes you think you need something new).

Do folks here take advantage of "kindle first" monthly free book? All that's required is to be an Amazon Prime member. Sign up for the monthly email which allows you to choose one of six books.

I have not had a good reason to sign up for Prime.  My orders almost always ship free.  Maybe slower than Prime but that is not an issue.  I would in essence be paying for the "free books" if I signed up.

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]FREE for your Kindle,  for a limited time[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L22GJVO[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]"Minnie Crockwell, recreational vehicle enthusiast and traveler, checks into her allotted space at Happy Trails RV Park in Spokane, Washington, with hopes of a pleasant week of touring the area. By night’s end, a death in the park finds her consoling the deceased man’s widow...or his killer. Whether the dearly departed died by his own hand or whether someone murdered him remains to be seen. It seems the deceased had a lot of character flaws. A lot! ..."[/font]

WriterMs
Just finished Obliterated. What a wonderful story. You are a skilled author. Thanks so much for sharing with us here.
I bought #2 and will continue reading this great story.
Scott

Sabatical said:
WriterMs
Just finished Obliterated. What a wonderful story. You are a skilled author. Thanks so much for sharing with us here.
I bought #2 and will continue reading this great story.
Scott

Thanks so much, Scott! It was my first effort at fiction, so it is NOT literary. But then my idea was a fun-to-read story that contained lots of useful real-world info (hoping people absorb some through the story). I actually had a couple of Amazon reviews early on with only one or two stars for things like the heroine knowing more about camping than her boyfriend and not having enough swearing and cursing. It's true! I wrote it in a more family-friendly style.
P.S. I suspect this is off-topic so we should let it rest. I'll likely do one more free-book day before the end of the year, but it was only free for two days last time.

Free, for your Kindle for a limited time

The author is a member of one of my facebook groups. He hopes, in return for the gift, you'll leave a review.

http://www.amazon.com/unWorking-Exit-Race-Millionaire-Happy-ebook/dp/B014RM9YVC/

[font=Arial, sans-serif]"... unWorking is a guide to lifestyle design in the new world. It’s also a darn good story, one of epic proportions, just like yours can be..."[/font]

eDJ_ said:
Does anyone have their Library Cards so they can use ap's like "Overdrive" ?  (for books) and "Zinio" for magazines and serial journals ?

I use Overdrive through my library and love it! They have both e-books and audio books.

We "borrowed" our son's library card.  Our S&B is in a small town and they don't offer ebooks or audiobooks even though it is the county seat.  He is near Houston and they have an extensive library online.  We use the audio books while in motion (traveling) through the van radio and read the ebooks on our notebooks. So much easier (compact) than traveling with cd's or paper :p  Although a lot can be said for the feel of an actual book.

Thanks cyndi, for the free ebook links.

Make yourself Ready Through Hunting, Fishing, Canning, and Foraging (Home Defense, Foraging, Economic Collapse, Bug out bag, Bushcraft, Prepping) 

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Free, for your Kindle for a limited time[/font]

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01573FBP8

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Free, for your Kindle for a limited time[/font]
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012P3Y5KU
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012P3Y5KU

[font=Arial, sans-serif]"Formerly "307 Ways To Save Money" [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Save a bunch of money in every area of your life! This book is full of over 300 tips to show you how! Stop living paycheck to paycheck! Make small changes that will have a BIG impact overtime. Learn how to save on household expenses, Toiletries, Laundry, Education expenses, Birthday and wedding expenses, EVEN slash your grocery bill! These tips will help you change your life! [/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]A quick and easy reading format: a list!"[/font]

Hi, Bigsallysmom,

No, these are ebooks that have the price set to $0.00 for a period of time (a day or more). Authors do this to gain reviews or to get readers hooked on a series.

It does pay to make sure the book you are about to "buy" is STILL shown with a price of $0.00 -- to make sure the promotional price of FREE is still in effect.

Don't confuse the $0.00 price of a free book that is on promotion with the "Read for Free" button that is connected to Amazon's reading club thatur you pay to join.

You are right that when you are a Prime member, you can "borrow" books for free. I think you get two weeks or something like that to read the book, then it disappears from your archive. Again, this is a different thing than the free ebooks where the author has set the price temporarily to zero.

Simply look at the "Kindle edition price" near where you click to "Buy it" and make sure it is $0.00. You'll get an order acknowledgement as if you paid money but it will show you spent zero.

Latest posts