Framing the irregular edges of walls

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galladanb said:
So...? What did you end up doing?

I am going to play catch up with you as soon as the flippin weather warms slightly!
My project is kinda on hold for that?

For the same winter weather reason as you I haven't yet moved on to hanging the paneling, so my ultimate solution is still an open question.  I've still got 1x2 framing pieces on the ceiling and long wall and that luan panel on the short.  WRT the corners, for one I cut a few shorter 1x2 pieces to fit into the straighter parts of the curves, hoping to be able to attach the panel strips to that, then cover the inevitably ragged seam somehow.  Pretty sure when the time comes I'll start with the ceiling and if that goes well I'll do the long side.  I'll likely take down the luan, cause I'm no more confident in it than I was before, it's just not a tight enough fit to the wall, I guess, the pocket created by the space between the support uprights causes give when you push on it... and continue with the the "custom" studs if they've worked ok till then.

Oh thx for the reply! Some days I feel guilty about not working on the project.
Today's temps were in the low sixties, but it was our 41st anniversary, so I spent the day with my sweetie.

I'm so bad.

I'm currently stressing on my back corner cabinets and the middle supports for the bed cabinets. It's a design issue and I'm trying to figure it all out. 

Looking forward to watching your progress and moving forward on mine!