Can I raise roof on P42 step van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, 94" might do it. It's only a few extra inches and there might be enough slack/stretch in the existing roof sheet that these might squeeze in there with little modifications.

Hmmm, 94" might do it. It's only a few extra inches and there might be enough slack/stretch in the existing roof sheet that these might squeeze in there with little modifications.
I have no idea how wide a step van really is, but those trusses certainly look strong enough for a roof.

Another thought I have is that if the existing roof is raised, the junction between the stock-height roof over the "cab" and the new raised roof would be easier to deal with because it's a flat surface on both roofs, but trying to blend a flat roof (cab) with a curve roof (new) would be much more difficult.

My step van is 86" on the inside. So maybe those trusses might need some modification, but it's a decent material.

I'm sure a fabricator could make something similar for you, but I would wonder what it might cost you. The arch would have to be cut from flat stock that was as wide as that arch is tall, and that could add up quickly...like starting with a full 4'x8' piece and getting maybe 4 arches.
I just googled to see if I could find material costs.... ouch! You might have better luck at a local supplier though.