Found a happy compromise for Florida Heat!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysawfan

Reaction score
:) :)
While the majority of you are freezing I am roasting. I absolutely can't stand the heat and I need to stay in Florida for about a month. I have found that if you search long and hard you can find Airbnbs for less than $30 per night! when I counted up the gas i  spent on van air conditioning and trying to find shade, it evens out for me. A private room to bask in the cool air in the day, and I can choose to go cook in the van. Because most of my stuff stays in the van, I can quickly move around to find the cheapest places in the area. 
 I am absolutely so grateful to Bob and Carolyn and Crystal and all those on the web for helping to find this cheap, frugal way to take time off from a stressful job without using up all my savings. i will buy some perforated vinyl from Bob's Amazon this week to enhance my stealthability in my minivan.

Hi. If you can demonstrate self sufficiency in your van - porta potty, sink, bed, means, to cook - you could apply to Boondockers Welcome. They'll want a photo of the inside. Fellow RVers offer their driveways or yards for free. Some up to a week but more likely a night or two. I, too, use AirB and just spent 2 nights in a nice bunkhouse on a horse farm.

Hah! When I lived in Florida, every winter I would see tourists walking around in shorts and t-shirts thinking it was hot, while all the locals were in sweaters and jackets freezing their butts off. ;)

"Hot" and "cold" are relative things.

Beetle said:
Hi. If you can demonstrate self sufficiency in your van - porta potty, sink, bed, means, to cook - you could apply to Boondockers Welcome. They'll want a photo of the inside. Fellow RVers offer their driveways or yards for free. Some up to a week but more likely a night or two. I, too, use AirB and just spent 2 nights in a nice bunkhouse on a horse farm.

Thanks, Beetle. I was wondering if minivans are welcome at Boondockers Welcome.

Latest posts