Ford Transit Cargo: Rear A/C Issues

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnit

Reaction score
Hi all!

Does anyone have issues with the rear a/c for their newer Ford Transit? How have you solved it?

We're thinking of getting a 2016 cargo, but it seems the rear a/c is an exposed, oddly-placed unit in the bottom rear corner of the van.

When you order a cargo van with a/c, apparently you lose the vinyl floor (and a bunch of other options in the Premium package).

We're thinking of not getting rear a/c at all, but with three dogs I fear they would cook as we drove around in warmer climates. Maybe the front a/c is powerful enough to reach them in the back?

And advice appreciated. Thanks much!

Thanks Dr_Nelson! I had no clue these things existed. I'd imagine the dogs would want to be up closer to us anyway, so it sounds like it could work!

Marnit said:
Hi all!

Does anyone have issues with the rear a/c for their newer Ford Transit? How have you solved it?
We're thinking of not getting rear a/c at all, but with three dogs I fear they would cook as we drove around in warmer climates. Maybe the front a/c is powerful enough to reach them in the back?
And advice appreciated. Thanks much!
If you insulate the whole thing well and use a circulation fan, you should be good.

I have a 2015 Transit Wagon in Texas, And I don't think the cab A/C alone would keep the whole van cool in the summer heat.
Doing my conversion I kept the rear A/C and removed the under floor heating, insulated with Thinsulate and reflectix, floor, walls and roof.
Done 1 summer now, so far so good.

MM                       KIMG0286.jpg

Attachments

• KIMG0286.jpg
    KIMG0286.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 14