Ford E350 Extended with Fiberine Super Camper Top

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schwoebs

Reaction score
Hi All,

I took a long road trip from Texas to California over Thanksgiving week to visit Fiberine.  Don't worry, I made it to my parent's house in Colorado too, hiked, and visited Colorado National Monument.

Here is the first photo of the van with the Super Camper high top (30 inches).  I've also added perforated vinyl (North Loop Signs) and BF Goodrich K02 AT tires.  Soon I'll add an ARB air locker - the only select-able rear locking differential option for this van - soon since I cannot afford my dream of 4x4.
Fiberine_SuperCamper_Top_B.jpg

Me standing towards the front.  It is at least 6'8" before insulation at the highest point.  You can see the original roof below my should level.  My Indian name would be "He-who-selfie-poorly".  The over cab section is larger than I thought.
Interior_Front1_B.jpg

Next, a photo of the interior looking towards the back.  It is maybe 6'1" at the far back.  I'll try to get a photo of the roof line with a ladder in the near future.
Interior_Back2_B.jpg

A photo of the interior looking towards the front.  Ignore the detritus of a long road trip.  So much caffeine...
Interior_Front2_B.jpg

And lastly, a photo of two windows showing the difference between with perforated vinyl and without.  I can see out well to drive except around dawn/dusk.
Perforated_Vinyl_vs_no_covering_B.jpg

Fiberine was great.  They explained the process well.

Next... The several month build out with my friend Sarah.

Best Regards,

Matt

Schwoebs on Instagram too, I'll try to keep it updated as the build proceeds

Attachments

• Fiberine_SuperCamper_Top_B.jpg
    Fiberine_SuperCamper_Top_B.jpg
    553.5 KB
  • Interior_Front1_B.jpg
    Interior_Front1_B.jpg
    758.7 KB
  • Interior_Back2_B.jpg
    Interior_Back2_B.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • Interior_Front2_B.jpg
    Interior_Front2_B.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • Perforated_Vinyl_vs_no_covering_B.jpg
    Perforated_Vinyl_vs_no_covering_B.jpg
    1.7 MB
Nice!! What did it cost to have the top installed? Do you think the perforated vinyl on the windows lowers the temperature and uv rays better than limo tint?

The exterior fit and finish on that looks outstanding! I zoomed in on the photo as well... very impressive! You & Sarah could dance in there with all that headroom :)

Jeez Matt, you could fit 4 of my Prius interiors in there, nice...  when you get that ARB locker you will have a real beast, a poor man’s Sportsmobile per se.  good deal!   :D

The perforated vinyl should improve privacy and help with the sun. On this road trip, I was driving during the day or sleeping at night in the van if the temperature was 50's or higher (did not bring enough gear for 30's, DOH!). Haven't gotten a good feel for how well the perforated vinyl will help with solar heat yet. The windows do have some tint already. I left the ones that open and are closer to the driver without perforated vinyl.

Fiberine is great to work with, but they don't like pricing online... Less than double what Bob payed for his high top and worth every penny. I did pay extra for the upper windows (which open & have screens) and wood reinforcement in the roof, sides, and rear.

It will be a half-priced Sportsmobile! I have some money from selling my condo and getting out of the mortgage racket. Definitely not enough for a Sportsmobile (sigh). I saw at least 5 of them cutting across Nevada, Utah, and Colorado. Having the air locker does mean on-board air without having to store a pancake air compressor.

Also, the high top had a minimal impact on gas mileage. Without high top over 4 tanks averaged 13.3 mpg. With high top 12.6 mpg over 4 tanks. To be fair the high top included escaping LA during rush hour, Utah at 7000 feet elevation, and Monarch Pass. Rougher driving and only a 0.7 mpg drop. Pretty impressive.

Schwoebs said:
Hi All,
Here is the first photo of the van with the Super Camper high top (30 inches).  I've also added perforated vinyl (North Loop Signs) and BF Goodrich K02 AT tires.  Soon I'll add an ARB air locker - the only select-able rear locking differential option for this van - soon since I cannot afford my dream of 4x4.
Matt

Wow! That's hu-uugge!

Impressive! Makes me wish I had held out for an extended cargo body!... :) 

How does the perforated vinyl hold up to being washed?

I'm considering it but do a lot of dusty driving and wonder how it would hold up!

Wow super sweet!

Think they can do one without the front bit, top line like the Sprinter / Transit / ProMaster roof?

Latest posts