FOR ALL OF YOU

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckwilk

Reaction score
Some of you come here for knowledge, some for friendship. Maybe some because you have no other place to go. Regardless, I have learned from everyone of you. There isn't a heartfelt question that won't be answered, a plea that goes ignored. Technical, no problem, mechanical, no problem. The level of interaction and caring surprises and amazes me. The level of intelligence brought to bear on everyday problems is astounding. Those of you you who come here looking for help, for guidance, for understanding I hope you find what you need. The people on here, for the most part, are caring, bright, and worthy.

What a really kind post, Buckwilk. And I don't use" kind" haphazardly...kindness, especially, online is too rare a gem. I for one have found so much help here. Not only with directly answering my questions but also to help point me in the right direction in finding my own answers. Thank for for putting into words what I have felt. Just you posting this illustrates why this forum is unlike any other I have found. It lifted me spirit just reading this. One day, I hope to pay forward my experience and support to others.

And to all those men and women out there that keep getting asked the same questions or opinions over and over as each one of us "newbie's" come aboard and you just stop and answer for the hundredth time with patience and knowing and humor. Thank you! Thank you Buckwilk for such a lovely post!

Gigi

Gigi said:
...kindness, especially, online is too rare a gem.  
Gigi

Ain't that the truth!!
This forum is a valuable resource; big thanks to all who contribute positive vibes and encouragement as well as practical information.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I too have found this site to be a great source for ideas and inspiration. I probably would never have done the road-tripper conversion on my Kia if it hadn't been for the inspiration and encouragement from the people here. I'm not a full-timer and have no intention of becoming one anytime in the near future, but I've found, with very few exceptions, that this community welcomes me and my perspective on things.

The best way I can think of to repay this is to offer my help and advice where I feel I have something to contribute. I don't pretend to know everything, but I'm good at explaining what I do know and I'm good at researching what I don't know.

Thank you all for allowing me to be a small part of this!

I found this place through research.  I was given step by step instructions on how to run my electrical safely.  I have wired houses, but they were not the same components.  With a house everything uses one size wire and is one of two voltages. 

The experience at RTR where people get together and build systems for the cost of parts, (and donate many spare pieces) then go find missing components on their own dime is unique.  Then everyone shares meals, laughter, and favorite landing spots.

Watching the look on someones face when they first put something together themself is priceless.  I have been there, and share that experience when possible. 

The biggest thanks goes to Bob, and his merry band of babysitters, for the gentle nudge in the right direction. :idea: