Follow the leader?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which best describes you?

• Total voters
At my current age I am a loner, leading my own parade. I do what I want, when I want, how I want.

When I had a career and needed to make money I was a leader, but now that I don't work, I find I prefer a lot of alone time to do my own thing. I suppose the quest for the almighty dollar made me behave in a way I prefer not to.

My schedule is fluid now, every four months I have to see my doctor, otherwise I am the master of my own destiny. I like it better this way. Maybe the corner office with the window was impressive, or maybe I wasted a lot of years working too hard to achieve it.

Organize something, put it together, make it happen? Nah. I might not even show up.

Does that make me an other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blanch - I wonder if we become who we were meant to be when we retire? In my work life I had to lead as part of my job, and it always chaffed. I also was a big extrovert from a childhood of moving constantly and then into professions that required it. Now that I have time to breathe I find I'm much less extroverted and, like you, do what I want, when I want. So I guess I was a chameleon when I was working, fitting in however I needed to to make things work, now, away from that it feels like the me that was always there in the background is finally getting a chance to blossom.

Other. Never a follower and if it appears I'm leading, it is an army of "one".

^^Yup.

Professionally I end up a leader...ran a company, now a journalist product reviewer who spanks the industry as a representative for powerless consumers.

But internally I'm both.

I'm the leader of me and the follower of the now. I answer only to myself and I'm my harshest critic.

Meh, as van-dwellers we are almost by definition loners, misfits, and oddballs.

lenny flank said:
Meh, as van-dwellers we are almost by definition loners, misfits, and oddballs.

Hmmmmmm. I'm none of those. Oh wait! Must be because I went a tiny bit bigger and bought a C [emoji1]

Latest posts