Folding/accordion door wall fastener

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombadil

Reaction score
I'm in a Class A with 2 folding/accordion doors that no longer have the small plastic or rubber nub in the wall that they'd push into to hold them shut, and for the life of me I can't seem to find the part as I've scoured RV door hardware sites. I've tried various hacks to keep the doors shut and so far nothing really works reliably while allowing the doors to be opened and closed easily from both sides. Anyone know what I'm referring to and where I might be able to locate a couple of them? I have a picture of what I think is the same part for my shower door, as well as one of the door itself for reference.

Attachments

• PXL_20210409_151635628.jpg
    PXL_20210409_151635628.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20210409_151712034.jpg
    PXL_20210409_151712034.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
We have one that's been sitting in our junk drawer for years. We can't use it because our accordion door doesn't fit flush enough to the wall. We use velcro to keep it closed which works good enough.

I'll send you the piece if you include your mailing address in a PM. It's looks like it's a little shorter than the one in your photo but you could easily build it up with washers.

suggestion - get the correct part number from the manufacturer. Then check with RV junkyards.

tonyandkaren said:
We have one that's been sitting in our junk drawer for years. We can't use it because our accordion door doesn't fit flush enough to the wall. We use velcro to keep it closed which works good enough.

I'll send you the piece if you include your mailing address in a PM. It's looks like it's a little shorter than the one in your photo but you could easily build it up with washers.

Hey thanks for the offer as well as velcro suggestion! I'd thought about gluing magnets but velcro sounds like a better backup plan.

mattvei said:
suggestion - get the correct part number from the manufacturer. Then check with RV junkyards.

Totally! I've scoured various parts lists and just keep coming up short so thought I'd check here. I'll definitely keep digging though since it seems like it should be common enough.