Flagstaff to Green Valley

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis

Reaction score
Is there a decent route to Green Valley from Flagstaff without going through Phoenix that anyone knows of?

You can go around Phoenix if you're on Interstate 17 --> Interstate 8 --> Interstate 10.

Looks like it adds an hour, but if the traffic thru Phoenix, might be closer to same drive time.

Thanks, Wabbit. I couldn't get a good signal for maps and my road atlas is going in the trash. Looks like I might make Phoenix before rush hour.
Seen all of Flagstaff streets I care for.

I f'n hate rush hour. Dam crazy drivers! Lol.

Or you could take the scenic back roads going east from Camp Verde, to Payson, on to Globe then down to Oro Valley and Tucson. Nice drive, no traffic, no Phx. Gas up first though.

^^^ agree -- only change I would make is Lake Mary Road (Route 3) SE of Flagstaff towards 87. Nice quiet 2-lane road.

^^^ absolutely, but from the sound of OP, he was probably already on the road out of Flag and on the 17 so why I suggested Camp Verde.

I came in on 160 and to someone not accustomed to how their street lay out is someone can get pizzed real quick (me) trying to get out of there. lol

Did fuel up in Camp Verde though. Phoenix wasn't that bad for time of day I went through. Tucson was worse.
I appreciate the suggestions. ?