First trip, First night

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going good right now. Spent a day hiking through the woods for a bit, which was nice because a harsh cold front came through. I thought I was going to freeze that night, but I actually stayed really warm while sleeping. The worst part was not really being able to bike/walk around town that much during the day because it was so cold. Kind of restricted in movement.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Was feeling a little sick so I swung by the home base yesterday morning. Bummed around the house to recover, and really realized how much more energized and productive I was while out on the road. Still staying in the home base town for the weekend most like, but will sleeping in the previa!&nbsp;</div>

Nice to hear from you. I was wondering what was happening.

Left the lights on as I went to sleep last night (was parked facing a barrier, so nobody else noticed either). Here I am, enjoying the sunrise view out the back of my van, happy as all get out this morning. And then..no start.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Thankfully the friendly early morning auto care crew at walmart got me going in no time at all. Just another reason to love these people.</div>

Went out the other day and the GyrFalcon battery was completely wasted. Keep a portable battery pack in the back and jumped it. Left it on a trickle charger overnight. Dead the next morning. New battery installed lol.

When you can swing the money, those battery packs will eventually pay for themselves.

Back on the road again after the holidays and all that. Currently in a suburb of Jackson, MS. Going to lay low for a day or two after a couple days of long driving. The Natchez trail is supposed to be great, so I will most likely ride that tomorrow!

I found that ear plugs help a lot. I was nervous when I went to mexico many moons ago. I slept with my clothes on the first few nights. The dogs barking kept me awake also. 22 years later, I sleep excellent now, my dog wakes me up on occasion. Relax, enjoy.

Haha totally guilty of still leaving my clothes on and just rolling into the back to try to go to sleep. I usually wear workout/soft clothes though so sleeping isnt too uncomfortable.&nbsp;

Very cool. Living in St Louis for a while and wandering the midwest in a Previa, your journey sounds familiar and makes me jealous.<br><br>Pics are always welcome of your setup!<br><br>

Thanks Paddlin Man! Its pretty basic right now. Just an air mattress, a bike, curtains pinned to the drivers side back window, and books scattered here and there. Saw another Previa owner today here in MS, its like we had a bond.

<P>
<SPAN id=post_message_1271754674>Back on the road again after the holidays and all that. Currently in a suburb of Jackson, MS. Going to lay low for a day or two after a couple days of long driving. The Natchez trail is supposed to be great, so I will most likely ride that tomorrow!</SPAN>
</P><P>Hi Ryan, How was the Natchez Trace? DW and&nbsp;I love driving the section between Jackson and Natchez, MS, especially during the fall when the leaves are so colorful.&nbsp;Like to stay in the&nbsp;Rocky Springs campground (free), just north of Natchez. Several Indian mounds along the Trace.<BR></P>

It was a little chilly, but a great ride nonetheless. I did see a couple of the mounds, which I took the time to stop the bike and walk around one. Its strange to think that this site was the location of so much activity so long ago..and now here I am standing next to a mound. Good to see some of the Native American monuments being preserved.&nbsp;

Good for you Ryan. Sound like you're settling into the lifestyle with ease.&nbsp; I'm in Virginia, still working probably until late fall, when I'll head south.&nbsp; No more winters north for me.&nbsp; I think I'll start my own thread, now that I'm at the 'venturing out part time" stage.<br />Hang in there and keep in touch, we all have solutions and problems to share.<br />Jess

Latest posts