FIRST TIME RTR IN RENTAL CAR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cynanne

Reaction score
Hi, I am renting a compact SUV and coming to the rtr for the first time. Is anyone else doing this in a rental? I will be driving in from California and taking a week off of work to do this. I want to learn as much as I can and would like to meet or maybe even camp with others who are doing the same. I will be arriving on day 3- 1/11 and don't necessarily have to stay in the new RTR location. I am very interested in meeting people with experience but especially newbies. I am not sure how we can connect but posting here is a start. I would especially like to hear from any RTR first timers and hope to connect. Thanks.

I had intended to come to the RTR this year for the first time. Laziness is the reason I am not. I'm on the east coast so a rental car isnt an idea situation for me. Best of luck.

Plenty of folk in rented vehicles last year, everything from cars to cargo vans and I think at least one uhaul box truck. There is a ton of desert out here to park in and walk to the RTR proper. Bring comfortable walking shoes! Ankle support is useful if you have boots or high tops.

I take vacation to be here, too. Lots to learn from the folks who have been doing it longer. I hope to meet you at the gathering.