First hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilRedWagon

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I've been lurking around and reading the forum for several weeks now. It is time to come out of the shadows.
My friends call me Gen. I don't care what anyone else calls me as long as it is out of earshot. :D
So far my new lifestyle is in the saving and planning stage. I have spent as much as 7 months at a stretch in a tent before so I should do just fine in the little rig I am hoping to put together.
Right now Montana is home. I am a Chef and work up here durning the warmer months.  I have always had the wandering bug I have just decided to embrace it, not fight it. If things go right I will hit the road south sometime in late fall. I hope to meet some of you then.

Gen

Welcome! Sounds like you have a plan. Glad to have you on the forum.

Welcome to the CRVL forums LilRedWagon! Anyone that can spend 7 months in a tent will find a van or RV to be pure luxury. :-D Keep us updated on your plans. Hope to see you at the next RTR in 2016!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome!! I am new here myself and enjoying searching through this site for all kinds of cool information and advice! Happy Day!!

We're glad you are here! It's easy to find work on the road as a chef! That skill should serve you well!
Bob

Hi
Welcome LilRedWagon
Is lil Red Wagon in reference to the Dodge truck out of the 70's or the wheelie standing Dodge drag truck or neither, Just wonderin ?
Bob

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

LilRedWagon is a reference to my car, a bright red HHR. It will look sweet with a little runaway camper behind, at least I think it will. Between the two I will have loads of space, It is paid for and super reliable. I have had no troubles getting around even in heavy snow. Got to love front wheel drive.

The 7 months in a tent was 20 years sgo. One very enjoyable summer working the Colorado and Maryland Renaissance Faires. There's the Arizona one in Feb/March/April I have already considered if my savings aren't where I want them to be. Last I knew there is on grounds camping for next to nothing .

See, I do really have a plan.

Gen

LRWagon
Just read the article the other day on Bob's blog about the runaway camper. Should look good behind the HHR. Sounds like a plan.

LilRed, sounds good. Can't remember if I've said hi yet, so HI *waves*

Sounds like you have some nice plans. Will be interesting to hear about your journey. I'm one who is curious how people's food preparation changes in different situations so being a chef while in a camper will be a bit different than a full kitchen so it will be interesting to hear if things stay pretty much the same as they were at home or what differences occur. :)

Hello Gen,

Hey I have an HHR too. I was originally planning to pull my little trailer with it also; it does pull it pretty well. My trailer (a 13' fiberglass) is heavier than a Runaway though so I then got worried about hurting something on Hhrbie with long hills, etc. I've since picked up a van and I think my daughter may inherit my HHR. And actually, I should run the Runaway idea by her. I looked at those before I got the trailer I have. I hope you will write about it when you get it!

You can get a lot more than it looks like in these little cars. I have the split back seat dropped with a cot mattress on it right now and if I have Hhrbie at work, I stretch out and take a nap at lunch.

Anyhow, I'm just below you in the Black Hills. Lived up in Billings for a little while, running a modern-day stagecoach.

Ren Faires are super-fun, sounds like you get to do some pretty interesting things. :)