finding my balance

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_sailing

Reaction score
So now with the main build completed I am stuffing and cramming  and resorting too many things and I started thinking about the balance of the rig.

I have an extended non hightop passenger van.

The vast majority of everything is looking to be on the drivers side.  Everything is relatively light weight but I do have the bed (kinda heavy) and all the storage underneath (not so heavy). I also have my sink and bathroom on that side and will have my water jugs on that side as well.

What kind of split can I have between the two sides and be safe?... is a 60/40 split ok?.. how about 80/20?  At what weight does it become an issue.

I don't think 100 pounds split 70/30 would matter.. but maybe 1000 pounds would? I of course don't have 1000 pounds of stuff.. at least I hope not.

It is a 15 passenger rig.. at 150 pounds per person.. (being kind).. and the way the seats are laid out normally I think the majority of the weight would be on the drivers side anyhow? Are the vehicles designed with that expectation...or are they meant to be 50/50 always..

Attachments

• AnyConv.com__turtle.jpg
    AnyConv.com__turtle.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0