Finally joined to say hi.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripous

Reaction score
I have spent years following Bob, the tribe , this tread along with other nomadic live style sites. I am going to attempt to be at the  summer rtr in 
Flagstaff. So I thought It's time to join and become part of the tribe.
About me.... I'm a 52 yr old male that retired on disability. I and my ex GF spent 4 yrs paying down her bills so she could retire at 62 1/2. 2 yrs
down the road. So we boondock in a smaller 5th wheel across the Western States.
Unfortunately a year ago our plans changed. So I'm heading out on my own, part-timing as I can.
I've spent from my teen years hiking, car camping. Mostly in Oregon and Northern California. It's time to expand my horizons.
I will be traveling in and camping out of a 1980's style 4runner. Until it gives up the ghost.
In the future I would like to get a van or better yet. A truck and 5th wheel. To travel and boondock the West. Can't wait on the future. It might not 
come.
Any way I hope to meet you all outside of Flagstaff next month. Until then happy traveling. :)

Hi, another newbie. Hope to meet you.
Steph

Welcome to the CRVL forums roadtripous! You'll love traveling and boondocking in the West. Have a good time at the RTR!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello and welcome to the boards. Enjoy your new journey and will see you at RTR if I can make it.

Welcome out from the shadows Roadtripous!

"Get that motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes (your) way"

Thanks everyone. Hope to meet some of you folks at the summer rtr. For others not going. I hope to see you on the road.

Welcome, RVpopeye - my gf and I are new to this forum too, and will be at the Summer RTR. Look forward to meeting you. Hope all of you make it there!

I ran into Bob and a few of the group. After the rtr was shut down. It was a fun experience. Had a coyote come into my camp, the 1st night. Looking for food scraps, for an easy meal. He didn't find any.
Afterwards I went to the Grand Canyon for 3 days. It was beautiful and breath taking. Now I'm in Santa Barbara. Staying with a friend. 
Nice cool weather with an ocean breeze. Not like the 128 degree temperature I hit in Death Valley on the way to Arizona.
It's been a nice roadtrip.