Finally did it......................

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brother, you're rockin' it! Great build thread and I totally get the 'nervous' part.

You will be modifying and revising for pretty the whole length of time you will own your mobile unit. That is pretty much typical of all mobile workshop spaces. New equipment gets added, some of stuff gets deleted. Things don't function quite the way you want them to. New toy temptations can't be resisted. It is never ending. That just keeps it interesting because creative people need problems to solve.

went on the maiden voyage, with an unproven truck, and an unknown toy hauler... left from Wilmington, NC on my way to Port O Connor Texas. I planned to take 4 days but ended up doing it in 3 days....  

The truck ran well, even though a few problems popped up.... not sure if its the throttle position sensor, the mass air sensor, or even the PCV valve... but made it.....

RV was extremely easy to tow, once up to speed, the only time you know it was there was when a large vehicle passed... it swerved just a little, but immediately straightened out

been here a week, the weather went from cold and rainy, to 70 degrees and now overcast and rain tomorrow...

all in all, it was a good trip for the first one.... already thinking about some new things... 

there is a possibility of major changes coming up

truck n trailer.jpg

Attachments

• truck n trailer.jpg
    truck n trailer.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6