Finally bought a van!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandaidqueen

Reaction score
So, I finally bought a van: a 2000 Ford E250 panel van (NO windows) with only 100,000 miles. Seems to be a good solid vehicle, although the gas and maintenance are much higher than the little Honda Civic I was driving before! I work two jobs and live with an elderly woman that I help care for, so I don't have a lot of free time, nor a lot of money, so it's going to be a budget build on a time crunch. I will be living in the van once I find someone to stay with the woman I care for - no timeline on that, it could happen very quickly or it could take months. So I might be moving into an un-finished van, I just don't know. If anyone has experience living in a van while working a standard 8-5 office job I would LOVE to hear from you!!! 
~Marzipan

Welcome bandaidqueen to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

congrats on the van, we need some pictures.

highdesertranger

Started the cleanup! Tore out the plastic liner, carpet, and bulkhead and started scrubbing at the rust. The rust is just surface, thank goodness, will only require elbow grease and Ospho and some paint. My sisters have been SO helpful with the grunt work! Going to finish all the clean up and painting this next week and weekend.

Welcome to the CRVL forum.   :)

I know what it's like to look after the old folks cause I looked after some of mine.

Please look at my two websites below.  They were built for those like you to get started
and go on the road and have a good first first experience at this way of life.  Back when 
I started in at it there were no Cells and no internet.   What I've learned and my Father
before me had taught me is rolled into these sites.