Finally bought a van to convert into Class B! Advice?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassBRV

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a Ram ProMaster to turn into a Class B RV. I found a guy in Florida who will install as little or as much as you want. This will save me tons of money since I don't need all the bells and whistles like a Roadtrek. Anyone else find that family think you're crazy? :s

Hi and welcome!! I was lucky and my family was supportive so it wasn't an issue for me.

Do you mind telling who you found in Florida? I have people all the time asking me about who they can get to convert their vans so I would really like to find someone.

Welcome ClassBRV to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome! Wouldn't you know it, the help I need is now on the opposite coast from me! I just moved from South Carolina to Nevada. Good luck on your build. My family doesn't know my ultimate goal, but they were pretty sure I'd lost my mind when I told them I was downsizing from a house to a 25ft Travel Trailer!

akrvbob said:
Hi and welcome!! I was lucky and my family was supportive so it wasn't an issue for me.

Do you mind telling who you found in Florida? I have people all the time asking me about who they can get to convert their vans so I would really like to find someone.

Sure! The person who does custom interiors is Coach Custom Creations in Deland, FL

ClassBRV said:
I found a guy in Florida who will install as little or as much as you want. This will save me tons of money since I don't need all the bells and whistles like a Roadtrek.

I think that's a great approach. Let us know what you decide to do with it.

ClassBRV said:
Anyone else find that family think you're crazy? :s

Yes, but that sentiment came long before my campervan plans. :)

frater secessus said:
I think that's a great approach.  Let us know what you decide to do with it.  

Yes, but that sentiment came long before my campervan plans.  :)

Ha ha, same here!

akrvbob said:

Bob at Custom Coach Creations in Deland, Florida

OutdoorFT said:
Got any pictures of the bad boy? :D

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Oh, I hope you post pictures. I am leaning towards a Ram Promaster too, and I'm close enough to FL if I need help with a build I can get there. So thank you for posting this.

I haven't told the family yet. I'm pretty sure they will think I've lost my mind when I tell them I have a contract to sell the house and everything in it. Much less that the end goal is to live in a cargo van :shy:

tnvangirl said:
I haven't told the family yet. I'm pretty sure they will think I've lost my mind when I tell them I have a contract to sell the house and everything in it. Much less that the end goal is to live in a cargo van

Crazy!

Just crazy? Have you lost your mind?

NOBODY does that!!!

:D

tx2sturgis said:
Crazy!

Just crazy? Have you lost your mind?

NOBODY does that!!!

:D

"what will we tell our friends?" :huh:  Actually by now they probably won't be too surprised at anything I do. Hopefully the OP will have a supportive reaction.

tnvangirl said:
Oh, I hope you post pictures. I am leaning towards a Ram Promaster too, and I'm close enough to FL if I need help with a build I can get there. So thank you for posting this.

I haven't told the family yet. I'm pretty sure they will think I've lost my mind when I tell them I have a contract to sell the house and everything in it. Much less that the end goal is to live in a cargo van :shy:

Well, I will try to keep you up on the progress.  I am keeping my house, but I hope to use the van a lot to travel!  Good luck!